Copy link to clipboard
I have a peculiar problem using Adobe Media Encoder 2015.4 to render out Premiere Pro 2015.4 projects on a network machine. I can render out the projects properly on the machine that the files are local to, but on the network machine, the audio either is static or it is missing tracks altogether. I tried multiple audio and video codecs to make sure it wasn't one in particular that got corrupted, but no change. I am using the h.264 codec with AAC stereo audio with my current export settings. Both machines are Windows 10, and are signed in with the same Microsoft account. Prior to the 2015.4 update, the issue did no exist with the current setup as I described.
Sorry about these issues.
In the preferences of Adobe Media encoder uncheck the option for 'Import sequences natively'.
Please reply here if that helps.
It appears to have resolved the issues, especially with the problematic projects I was working with when the issue was first noticed. I appreciate the assistance.
You are welcome.
Kulpreet, after some more testing, the issue still exists with other projects unfortunately. Any additional things to try?
Hey Bryan, sorry about that. Please give me sometime and allow me to gather some more information on your issue.
Sure. What information do you need from me?
I am sorry about this delay but I am still working on your case.
Just to better understand the outstanding issue...
You encode a file or project that is local on your system, all encodes properly.
If you put the same file or project on network driver and then encode, the resulting file has static audio or missing audio?
For export, did you pick a specific preset or use "Match Source" and go to H.264?
Can you describe the PPro project that you sent to AME (number of video/audio channels, what type of source files, etc)?
That is correct. Local encode is fine, but the network encode has those audio issues.
For my exports, I use H.264 with a custom preset that has the following settings: 60 FPS, 1920x1080 resolution, progressive scan, square pixels,NTSC TV standard, Main profile with a 5.1 level, rendering at maximum depth. I have VBR 2 pass enabled with a target bitrate of 30, and max bitrate of 35.
Despite these settings, as well as other presets/formats cause the issue, so I don't think it is the settings I am using are causing it.
As for the PPro project, The sequence I send to AME has 1 video track on average, sometimes 2 or 3 depending, but in this case, it is just one. There are 2 audio tracks. The source files are AVI video, and WMV audio. I have been using these settings for a while, long before the issue arrived.
Any response for this? It's been nearly 2 weeks since I heard back regarding this, and the issue still persists.
On the second machine that you are using for encoding, using AME, can you open that same project but using Premiere Pro? and also encode the sequence in that project?
Do you get any media offline errors when that project is opened in Premiere Pro? is the encode from Premiere Pro free of errors?
I can open it in PPro on that machine, yes. I get no Media Offline errors. No errors on Encode. I am also seeing audio become out of sync on export now as well. Sometimes the static and missing audio issues are gone, replaced by the desynced audio issue.
Just adding a couple cents here, but maybe try some read/write and network speed tests from your different machines. Perhaps there's a bottleneck outside AME.
I had checked that to make sure it wasn't my network going down on me, or my drives starting to fail, but I couldn't see any speeds for drive transfer rate or network transfer rate that would cause negative impact on my rendering.
After a recent release of Windows updates, it appears that the issue has resolved, or at least diminished in frequency, as I have not encountered it after those updates.
Thanks for the update, Bryan.