• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media encoder no longer works (Crash)

Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME hasn't been working since the last update, funny enough goin gback to any other version hasn't fixed it either. I can open it and do things as normal for a small amount of time, it seems that as soon as any rendering needs to take place, the app crashes and stops responding. This applies to any file, so I know it doesn't have to do with the footage. Rendering from After Effects works just fine, but it's a huge pain. I believe it has to do with the latest AMD driver and latest Adobe updates, as these were updated around the same time. I had a similar issue with Fresco that was resolved with these updates, but AME was broken which I need much more.

If this is an Adobe/AMD issue of compatibility, it is really frustrating that not only are there bugs in each update, but that they are so gamebreaking that the app is completely unusable. I have to pay every month for this, and it doesn't even work. I have a Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT Red Devil, 64GB of RAM, Windows 10 (latest version) and a Wacom Cintiq Pro 24.

I've noticed a lot of others having the exact same issue with similar specs, but I haven't seen a single employee even address it for months now.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you managed to solve it? I have the same problem since the AMD update, I have tried uninstalling the program with Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, clearing the cache and installing older versions, but the problem continues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all, and it seems that the people at Adobe don't care either, I haven't seen a single reply from an employee. My recommendation is to at to render queue and then re-render in Handbrake. It's a huge pain, but that's the only thing I can do at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Erlan – following up from our Twitter thread! Here are some more tricks we can try to identify the source of this crash. You're definitely right that it doesn't have to do with the footage, and we'll get our contacts at AMD to investigate with us!

Here's my first round of suggestions. I might suggest something we've already tried on Twitter, in case someone sees this thread and hasn't tried these steps yet!
1. Check your GPU driver for updates. Our apps use your GPU to export, so it's important to keep this driver up to date.

2. Clear your cache so your PC has plenty of room to process

3. Reset your preferences to get rid of any setup errors
4. Export to a different location on your PC. So if you have your Desktop selected, try exporting to your Documents folder.
5. Try exporting from a different user account on your PC! 

Let us know if one of these steps improves the crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to get back so late, but it seems that the only thing that made a difference was a different user account. I didn't have any of my files so I made a basic shape animation and tested it out and it worked. Doing this on my regular user account still results in a crash. I guess this is a workaround, except I can't see any of my AE files on the other account.

Does this help provide information as to what I can do to make it work on my regular user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having similar problems since the last update. Media ecoder goes through the whole export process except there's no file in the target folder when it's done. I've tried exporting to different folders, different sequences and projects and the same thing happens no matter what. I have to deliver a show that premieres on Friday. This is incredibly frustrating to find out it's a known problem that was identified over a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines