• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe media encoder not installed, but it is!

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been making videos and exporting them perfectly and uploading them to youtube. However, yesterday I go to export this video and I get this message. No idea what to do. Thought Premier pro and media encoder would need updating so I've updated them both to the most recent one, yet it still says it's not installed. Please help, I need to upload videos.

TOPICS
Download and install , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Hi aletial55931476,

As Neil mentioned, it requires same version of both applications to queue the export.

Here are the help articles to install latest version and older version:

Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

It seems as though a number of users are still having issues with "Adobe Media Encoder Not Installed". Here is what finally resolved it for me. Uninstall Media Encoder. Next uninstall Premiere pro. Restart your machine. Once restarted, install Premiere Pro FIRST. It will then automatically install Media Encoder without further actions on your part. This will also reestablish the needed links. Finally restart your machine and all should be working normally. I hope this is of help to those still s

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your PrPro version in that screen-grab is a 2017 build ... I think you would need a 2017 equivalent build of Media Encoder for it to work with, and as the latest builds are several updates into the 2018 builds, you may have a wrong version of ME to go with that 2017 PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aletial55931476,

As Neil mentioned, it requires same version of both applications to queue the export.

Here are the help articles to install latest version and older version:

Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems as though a number of users are still having issues with "Adobe Media Encoder Not Installed". Here is what finally resolved it for me. Uninstall Media Encoder. Next uninstall Premiere pro. Restart your machine. Once restarted, install Premiere Pro FIRST. It will then automatically install Media Encoder without further actions on your part. This will also reestablish the needed links. Finally restart your machine and all should be working normally. I hope this is of help to those still struggling with this issue.

Best regards and happy encoding...

Bill Steele 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its cause you probably have a different version of adobe encoder you can't use adobe after effects 2020 with encoder 2018 they want their money lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this problem now, just updates all today.........wth!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is because things need to be in synch across applications to work properly, e.g. for encoding projects with newer features in Premiere or After EFfects. It is as simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you need the same version BUT make sure you dont have two versions on your computer. All morning I couldn't figure out why after updating everything it still gave me an error. Seems like when I opened the project file from explorer it was pointing to an old version of Premiere, not the latest. Why it didn't delete it during the upgrade I will never know. Delete it, open the project again (you'll be promted to save it as a new project) and you'll be gold. No need to delete and reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not had this issue. I also always keep all older versions when updating/upgrading.

The OS opened the file in the version that created it, which is normal behavior. I open projects from the PrPro splash screen, or more often, from within my in-use Productions process, as nearly all my PrPro work is in Productions anymore.

Which gets around the troubles you had.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix:

1. Close Adobe Premiere Pro.

2. Copy Media encoder .exe file.

3. Paste it on the Adobe Premiere Pro Installation folder.

4. Open Adobe Premiere Pro.

5. Done. Fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem.  I updated both Premiere Pro and Me, and that alone didn't fix things.  Then I restarted my computer and now everything is working well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 12.10.2023 -I just updated PPbeta, can't export ANYTHING to ME because well.. it says "not installed". It is installed. 

I AM INSANELY FED UP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tends to be a quick fix. Close both, start up Me, start up Pr ... see if that works.

If not, sign out of your CC Desktop app, reboot, sign back in.

If not then, uninstall Pr and Me, reboot, reinstall Pr and Me.

Normally by then you're back "up".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines