Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Output name same as file name

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Normal I create 1 Adobe Premiere project file with intro, water mark and song then I add each video individually inside the project then save as a name of the video file.

I have 100+ Adobe Premiere project (prproj) I add them to AME, every time I add them they came to the name of the sequence name, I have to rename each project to the original file name I added.

Is there anyway to add the 100+ it will automatic take the file name not the sequence name, its time consuming to rename each file individually

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hamood_d,

I understand your point. Renaming the output file's name for 100+ videos is not a complex job to do, yet it takes a lot of time. Unfortunately, the export process is designed in such a way that the exported file gets the sequence's name by default. It was designed keeping in mind that the users may edit multiple sequences and they would want to name differently for difference scenes, etc.

Here's a thing that you could try:

1. Import the video file in Project panel. File > Import
  2. Right on the video file > New Sequence From Clip
  3. This will create a sequence with the name as per your video file. Then, you can continue editing with it.

Also, there is an option to share your idea with our engineering team by adding your voice here: Premiere Pro: Hot (5089 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a simple thing that Adobe should fix 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I'm using Media Encoder to change the encoder and at the same time create multiple sized versions of the same rendered source video (this time from original H264 1920x1080 to DVX 640x360 and 1920x1080). It's easy to set up a batch for this but it would be awesome if the name could mention the size automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines