• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media encoder plugin is missing in After Effects. How do you install the plugin?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media encoder plugin is missing in After Effects. How do you install the plugin?

TOPICS
Download and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

You need to have matching versions of AME and After Effects installed in order to DynamicLink work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌2015 CLOUD.

AME works fine. I can import from AE....drag from AE. but I cannot export to AME.

GET THAT ERROR THAT THE PLUGIN IS MISSING (sorry, in my other office) .....so I can't give you the error number but I think it is 527::27. Both programs are in the default folders. If someone could give me a copy of the actual " plugin" & tell me which plugin folder it goes into in AE...maybe it will start to work. By the way thanks for the quick response.

MARK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder is not a plug-in. It is an application. You download it through Creative Cloud just like any other application.

When you can, give the exact error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi Todd,

i understand.....I have AME INSTALLED & works fine. AE gives the error message when you try to EXPORT TO AME. The error message refers to a plugin which is missing. I will send the message when I get to office.

I am a little confused though...there is a clear reference to this problem on the ADOBE SITE. It states that there was a problem in Ungrades to AE 2015 concerning this exact problem. It further states that they are working on it as of June 2015?

THanks for the Quick response,

MARK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hey Todd,

What at is the mechanism that opens AME FROM AE? Maybe that's what's missing!

What do you think?

MARK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS THE ERROR CODE:

(5027::12)

AEGP Plugin AEDynamicLinkServer: AME is not installed. Please download........

AME 2015 IS INSTALLED & IN THE DEFAULT DIRECTORY.

THANKS FOR THE HELP,

MARK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same error and if I export to a Pr project I get:

"The preset used by one or more sequences in this project requires third-party

components that could not be located. Theses sequences will be modified to use a

custom sequence setting instead. To continue editing using the original preset,

quit the application without saving the project, reinstall any third-party

components that are required and reopen the project."

When I click OK Pr opens shows me an empty sequence.

My AE project consists of several layers of text that have been animated over a green background. That's it. No audio, no video clips pure text and background set to green. No 3D font used is Arial.

If I render to an AVI using "Best Settings" output module "Lossless" I get "snowy" frames (partial and full frame).

When I rendered to a Quicktime some of the animation was skipped, i.e. the text is supposed to slide screen left goes so far and then jumps to the final position (there are no extra/spurious keyframes).

Oh and I uninstalled/reinstalled AE (13.5.0.347) already.

Oh and AME and Pr get along just fine narry a worry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW the exact message for AME is:

"AEGO Plugin AEDynamicLinkServer: Adobe Media Encoder is not installed. Please

download and install it to use this feature. Go to

https://creative.adobe.com/apps .

(5027 :: 12)

Thanks for watching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Clearly this is a known issue. Any new suggestions or work around other than installing & using AE 2014 & AME 2014 instead of the most current version?

any help would be appreciated.

MARK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Is it possible to at least get an acknowledgement, from Adobe, that there is an issue. Clearly, there is a problem and there is reference (see above) that Adobe is working on it from 120 days ago.

Please, can only one help??!!

THANKS,

MARK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well! I know this thread is a couple months old, but was there a fix? I have the same error message and number (5027:: 12)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so problem solved!

Well not really but for now.

I just reinstalled AE (2014) along came ME (2014) at the same time.

Opened the project from 2015 - WOW! it did not give me an error about being created in a newer version THANK YOU!

Exported to ME 2014 and lo and behold there was a nice clean mp4, it even took out the greenscreen background! *Actually no it just rendered the green as black (?)

Tried to export to Pr 2014 -did not work-

So for now at least I can render/export to ME but only by using AE 2014.

Thanks for watching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to have matching versions of AME and After Effects installed in order to DynamicLink work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue with mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here we are almost a year later and no solution from Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on that; Following instructions found here-because Adobe hasn't addressed the very big issue of CC damaging the libraries- I reinstalled Cloud apps about 3 times, the DLL libraries about 6 times, and eventually hosed my entire system as a result. I had to reinstall my entire system - this added up to over 2 full days of lost work. Adobe tried compensating me with 2 free days of CC subscription....roughly $14. Do not settle for that pittance if you are losing billable hours as a result of their poor software development. I insisted on a greater compensation and got much, MUCH better. No where near what I lost in job time, but enough to mollify me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem... at October 2017...

and I have a lot of plug in that now I cannot reinstall because I have to installed adobe after effect a lot of time and I finish the license.

it's a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's almost 2022 and I'm having this same issue wishing Adobe had answered!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bros, check this link. i am having the same issssue.. just trying to fix too. Not sure if its works.
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/after-effects-composition-export-error.html

BUT a word for adobe. they must find a way to make AE render minimal sized files without media encoder. Gone are days of applications inter-depending on each other just to export a composition. come on! sounds like in the 70s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has worked for me. following above steps in the link. THEN  running cmd/terminal with administrative access and paste in there below path. (PLEASE make sure media encoder version is same with after effects i.e if after effects is 2020 even media encoder should be 2020. otherwise forget baout it working)

mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder xxx" "C:\Media\Adobe Media Encoder CC xxxx"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution. The problem is that ADOBE ME has been updated to the latest version and After Effects or Premiere has not been updated to that same version. The solution is to go to the Adobe CC app. Install the latest version of either Ae or Pr depending on what you are working, Launch it and migrate your settings when prompted. Media encoder will work just fine. You can then uninstall the older version of Ae or Pr on your computer to save space. This is a simple solution that the geniuses at abobe can't be bothered to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines