Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Renders older versions of Ae and Pr Projects

Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for several years now, presumably starting with some version of CC. I make some changes to a comp or sequence, save it, even close the app. I fire up AME, choose the recently edited Comp (Ae) or Sequence (Pr), and get a previously saved version of what I queued! My workaround for this for a while was to pull up Task Manager, and End task for dynamiclinkmanager.exe (or something like that). I no longer see this process in Task manager (like ver). So they must have replaced it with some equivalent? If there IS one, presumably ending it will perform the same workaround? This is infuriating having to babysit my renders, especially very long ones that need to run overnight. Also, clearing my cache 9at least via AME) did not solve the issue? Do I need to keep a shortcut to my Media Cache folder and keep emptying it after every change I make? Ridiculous...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardon my frustration, but it seems one of those mornings where only people not caring to provide any useful info seem to be around... What about some actual useful info? System specs? Render settings? Contents of the project(s)? Output paths? Anything else? I'm sorry, but you're realyl not telling us anything sensible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, okay...

Machine: (Four different) Windows 10 machines

CPU: Core i7 to Dual Xeon

RAM: 16-32 GB RAM

GPU: Nvidia Quadro K5200, Quadro M1000M, GeForce M750 (? can't quite remember as it is now dead)

Render settings: Various, but usually to H.264 in an mp4 container (sometimes to DnxHR in a .mov container)

Contents: Mostly video and stills (rarely an imported AFX comp)

Output paths: Really? Typically into the same folder or desktop

One recommended solution was to uncheck "Import sequences natively" in AME prefs. I have tried both this and emptying my Media cache in AME to no avail.

(I want to emphasize that this happens ONLY when exporting from AME, not when exporting directly from Premiere Pro. Where this becomes a huge issue is when I need a long queue of files I need to render after hours.)

Thanks for your patience in reading my novella!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing preferences EdH?
Shall I move this post to the AME forum for you?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to AME.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines