• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Media Encoder Alpha issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There. I am having a major problem here trying to export alpha transparency in Media Encoder from After Effects. I've been pulling my hair for a week trying different settings/etc and when I finally seemed to get things down, then something else would pop up. So, now when I used all my fancy customized presets, I now get a stupid 'ring/border-like' artifact thing wrapped around my object (with transparency behind that!!!!!!!!!). I spent all night again Googling and trying different settings but the results are all the same.  http://slhgraphics.com/MediaEncoderAlpha

AE/Media Encoder? NOT very intuitive and confusing process between the two, in my opinion. Shouldn't be this hard. I was getting 3gb files when I only needed 35mb and had to spend hours trying to figure out how to knock that size down in qt!!!!!!!! Not happy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess nobody cares to ask questions or try to help, including Adobe. Thank you. But I'll let you know if and when I find a solution just so that the experience people will know. (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not correct!!!!! Thank you for assuming it was though. I'll be calling Adobe today, personally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steveh78333837  wrote

Guess nobody cares to ask questions or try to help, including Adobe.

This isn't chat, so an immediate response may not happen.  It is a user to user forum and sometimes Adobe staff will pop in.

We are volunteers answering questions as we are able.

You might want to try the chat option here which will connect you directly to Adobe:

Contact Customer Care

Nope, not correct!!!!!

I've unmarked your response as being correct for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response and sorry I got kind of nasty. I will tell you,

I am having some major, impossible things happening to my files and I am concerned but will never mention those in a forum. Not sure if this has anything to do with the alpha issue though. Impossible stuff that is absolutely physically impossible to happen in seconds. My files were moved at night while I am sleeping, and my laptop is closed. Premier kept looking in the wrong folder but everything. I manually backed up the files and everything was fine. I live here alone. Once s video clip I was working on all of the sudden had 1 frame from the beginning that was in middle of the video. One frame!! Eventually returned to normal. Something else that happened was absolutely scary and my hair stood on end. Video files always fine on desktop.Your thoughts?

Funny, non-computer friends say memory issue. Didn’t know memory issues could. Physically move files while the cover is shut. I’ve been working with computers for 35 years and I know this isn’t normal!

./

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you saw the sample of the alpha issue I am having. It is attached. I is fine exporting from AE. I worked correctly a couple of times in MP after making a preset but then this happened. I have no explanation. Where would the ring thing come from?

Thanks for the response and sorry I got kind of nasty. I will tell you,

I am having some major, impossible things happening to my files and I am concerned but will never mention those in a forum. Not sure if this has anything to do with the alpha issue though. Impossible stuff that is absolutely physically impossible to happen in seconds. My files were moved at night while I am sleeping, and my laptop is closed. Premier kept looking in the wrong folder but everything. I manually backed up the files and everything was fine. I live here alone. Once s video clip I was working on all of the sudden had 1 frame from the beginning that was in middle of the video. One frame!! Eventually returned to normal. Something else that happened was absolutely scary and my hair stood on end. Video files always fine on desktop.Your thoughts?

Funny, non-computer friends say memory issue. Didn’t know memory issues could. Physically move files while the cover is shut. I’ve been working with computers for 35 years and I know this isn’t normal!

./

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

steveh78333837  wrote

Not sure if you saw the sample of the alpha issue I am having. It is attached.

I tried viewing it on Chrome, but a blank page comes up.

Once s video clip I was working on all of the sudden had 1 frame from the beginning that was in middle of the video.

Try deleting the Media Cache Database and Media Cache Files.

Something else that happened was absolutely scary and my hair stood on end.

Try a malware scan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines