• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects project to Media Encoder extremely long render duration

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exported a 14 second composition to AME and began rendering it in H.264 format at 1080p 50 frames, only to find when I woke up this morning that it has been going for 14 hours and has a remaining time of 129 hours.

I am used to slow rendering but the sequence is nothing extremely difficult. It is a rotoscoped clip with some colour correction and an animated image of clouds behind, along with CC Particle World rainfall over the top. There are no cameras, lights, adjustment layers or anything I'd expect would make it so slow.

This is an issue I've faced over my last few projects, where it has taken around 60 hours to render 18 seconds of footage which, in the end, was corrupted anyway.

It also tends to crash at random points whilst actually editing the videos.

i7-8550U

8GB RAM

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the hell?? 

Media Encoder is suddenly 20x slower!!

My h264 presets where super fast, now a 10sec clip converts takes 20seconds or more.

iMac immediately starts blowing Fans!  This must be a bug!

I really start to question the testing facility of Adobe! Why in the hell isnt this noticed before releasing?

An AE project that takes 2 minutes in AE, takes 30 mins to render in the updated Encoder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines