• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Update, AME 2020 is rendering slow and blocks using other Software on macOS

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

after Update Media Encoder to Version 2020 the rendering performance seems to be very bad

againt the Version 2019. In the past i can using my Mac for other works if he was rendering.

Now i can´t browse in the web if the Encoder is working...

Anyone the same problem or a solutions for this?

Greetings, Dirk

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

This does not sound ideal. We'd love to help you troubleshoot this issue and figure out what is causing glitch in AME performance.

• Could you share your system details(OS version, RAM, GPU, CPU, etc)?
  • Which other applications have been affected because of AME?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

affected was all rendering processes who now uses Metal.

My System:

Modellname: MacBook Pro

Modell-Identifizierung: MacBookPro14,3

Prozessortyp: Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,9 GHz

Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1

Gesamtanzahl der Kerne: 4

L2-Cache (pro Kern): 256 KB

L3-Cache: 8 MB

Hyper-Threading Technologie: Aktiviert

Speicher: 16 GB

Chipsatz-Modell: Radeon Pro 560

Typ: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x8

VRAM (gesamt): 4 GB

Hope, you find a soiution.

Regards, Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

MacBook Pro 15 inch Mid 2014

2.8 GHz Core i7

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Running High Sierra, which I have to do to get CUDA to work with GPU acceleration.

When I exported things to Media Encoder 2020, GPU Hardware Acceleration (Metal) is selected, but the rendering is terribly slow. About 1/6 what is was in AME 2019.

I have trouble believing the GPU accelerated rendering is actually happening.

Maybe related: After installing Premiere 2020, I got "A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe Player" messages and couldn't see any altered clip (changed an effect) in the viewer until I turned off Metal (and Open GL) as the renderer in the Project Settings. Unfortunately, I worked on the project and can't open it in Premiere 2019... Gah. Don't know how to take it into AME 2019, if that's possible.

Thanks,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, while rendering in Media Encoder mp4, everything else works very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Seems unresolved since 2017 when the first threads of this issue appesrs on google searchs. What a mess...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  I have a macOS 10.15.7 and did a screenshot with Adobe Support.  They checked my Graphic Card and said it was fine.  My ram is 64GB, which is hardly being used when trying to encode a Video file that is 12 mins.  It's taking over 1 hour to encode via Media Encoder.  And over an hour to Render in After Effects.  

With support we downgraded from the latest versions of After Effect and Media Encoder to versions: 17.0.5 for After Effect and 14.0.4 for Media Encoder to test the performance.  No difference at all.  And then we updated back to the latest versions of the apps, no difference.  

Very disappointed with Adobe's support and product to work with a powerful computer.  I feel like I went back to 1980 trying to encode a small file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WOW! I was looking at how the settings should be made in a good PC. I am using 12 cores AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT, 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SamsungPRO SSD, Radeon RX5700XT 8GB 

Media Encoder rendering time: 50min 70GB Op1a 384mbit PAL mxf >> Op1a 50mbit Interlaced takes approximately 63min.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines