AME 13.0.2 (2019) Slowing Down after 2-3 hours

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System:

iMac Pro 3Ghz Xeon, 64GB RAM, Vega 64

10.13.6 (High Sierra)

External Drive: QNAP TVS 1282T3 (Thunderbolt 3, 1GB/sec sustained)

Encoding ProresHQ -> ProresHQ, 486p content.  Using Neat Video Reduce Noise, and Fieldskit Deinterlacer, Lumetri.  I know that Neat Video slows the job down 4-5x, and for this content, that is acceptable.

However, when I leave the computer unattended for 2-3 hours, the job slows *way* down and "Remaining" climbs past 24 hours.  When I return to the computer and start working on it, speed returns to its normal crawl.

I set the Energy Saver "Turn Display off after" to "Never".  Screensaver was set to go off after 1 hour (now at Never).

GPU usage seems to be pinned around 50%.   Renderer set to MPE-OpenCL.

There's a job just finishing up as I type that has taken over 17 hours to render, when it should've taken around 4 (I know, 61 minutes of 720x486 video should be faster than real-time under normal circumstances).  I have dozens of jobs that I need to process in this way, so the unattended slowdown is untenable.

I recognize this may be an Apple issue, or a Neat Video issue as well.  I also recognize this is a nightmare scenario for SQA.  If it helps, I live about 1.5 miles from Adobe San Jose campus, and I'm willing to bring my system in for testing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?