AME 14.3 stamps incorrect media created date to ProRes 422 files

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed a very strange occurance with the created date on transcoded ProRes 422 files.  I have a batch of 8-bit uncompressed MOV files which I transcoded in Media Encoder 14.3 to both ProRes 422 and MP4 files.  The MP4 files transcoded fine with the correct time and date created stamps.  The ProRes 422 on the other hand are stamped with incremental date stamps starting with 07-04-2020 and ended with 07-06-2020.  I started the batch yesterday afternoon 6-30-2020 and it completed early morning hours of 07-01-2020.  It seems every three to four hours as the transcoding chugged along the date would increment for each file created.  The time and date on my computer is correct and I'm running windows 10 pro.  I have not tried other file formats but I did a test to make sure it was not a fluke with the batch.  The file created still gave me 07-06-2020 created stamp. Has anyone else run into this bug on 14.3?  I have never had it happen before this update. Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export or render, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on AE 16.1.3 Build 5, though I hadn't noticed it was an issue with Prores 422, Thank you. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - this is happening to me also. Happening since updating to AME 14.3. Tried encoding on two different workstations and the issue is replicated. 

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue here on Windows 10 with 14.3.1. I look forward to Adobe fixing this bug in about 12 years.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have only just noticed this happening as well - normally delivering Mp4 H264 files for clients without an issue, but needed to produce some 4444 and 422 Pro Res files for a client today and yes, they are dated varying dates approximately a week into the future.  Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.1082 and latest patch of AME 14.4 Build 35

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it here as well. There are several date options in Explorer and the default, "Date" shows wrong date as well as "Media Created" while "Date created" and "Date modified" shows the correct dates. Insane...

Averdahl_0-1600520059427.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issu on Mac with Media Encoder 14.5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines