• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME 15 Closed Captions COMPLETELY gone!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last version I WAS able to get EMBED CLOSED CAPTIONS to work with 608.  I am not sure if it is the new CAPTIONS "tool" in PP or the new update in AME.  I have tried EVERY MXF codec and they all show EMBED CAPTIONS options.  Then the  final output file does NOT have them at all.  So basically Adobe has decided to take a big step backwards with Captions.

WHEN will this option be REALLY fixed?

TOPICS
Export or render , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: The new CAPTIONS tool in PP....is IT the problem.  You can only modify the properties during the import.  The problem....WHY is there TWO layers of captions now?  I believe that the issue with CC between PP and AME is the new captions tool.  I have spent an entire day trying to get this to work.  And forget rendering in MPG.  That doesn't work at all anymore.  I have to use Final Cuts Compressor to do that job. What a deal.   

Working on Mojave 10.14.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say.... re the two layers.

See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-15-closed-captions-issue/m-p/11895321#M3345...

I can't find the origianl thread that had good screenshots.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working for me on Windows 10. Confirmed embed via Mediainfo and also importing back into PR.

Tested direct export from PR, Queue to AME (both native and nonnative).

How are you checking? There have been windows vs mac differences on such issues before.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an UPDATE.  I tried to output an MOV Apple ProRes file without Captions and put it into FCP Compressor along with the .SCC file.  It worked last week just fine encoding a MPEG file that I could send out for broadcast.   After this weeks upgrade (hoping for a CC fix) that workflow no longer works in Compressor either.  NONE of the "EMBED" options in any of the codecs work in AME.  And I really believe now that it is a result of the new CC functions in PP.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.33.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.30.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.15.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.09.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.08.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.08.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely file a bug report on the export issues.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Re the "two layers" issue, I found the thread I was looking for. That user referred to it as a duplicate layer. I wonder if there is any relationship. I am PC/Win 10, and the users affected appear to be Mac users.

A bug report was filed on that:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42914085-closed-captions-in...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Captioning tool is very very buggy.  Very weird.  I have been doing various combinations of copying and pasting, exporting out new SCC files. Attempting to encode MOV and MXF files again, without captions and then take them in to FCP Compressor to see if it works yet.

It would be really nice if I coul reinstall the last version of AME that I had last week when it WAS working.  But PP doesn't see it.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 4.37.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is NOT 608-1 compatible.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 4.58.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines