• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME 2014 and AME 2015 - can't install, can't access

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting up brand new machine Win 10 64, did load of apps and I run AE 2014-2018. However, AME 2017 and 2018 are the only installs. AE 2014 and 2015 give dynamic link error when attempting to render. Standalone installers I found via google won't run. Uninstalling AME and AE and just installing  AE 2014 and AE 2015 no love either.

It appears Adobe is blocking these apps. Please tell me there is someway to hack an install of them as I use AE 2014 and 2015 heavily still.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Media Encoder (AME)​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen Van Vuuren,

Some installations of our software were removed from the Creative Cloud installer for legal reasons. More info is here: Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby

Sorry about that.

You can still install CS6, CC, CC2017, and the current version.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

That does not help at all. CC/2017/Current version all have a well-documented bug that fails to render ANY of my film projects to any format. Media Encoder 2014 and 2015 render the the same projects just fine on the older machines I have that have those versions installed that I cannot install on the new machine.

I've moved to After Codecs for rendering due to Media Encoder's failures which renders said files just fine. If Adobe would correct the Media Encoder bug - which I see documented in several threads here in this forum - I could use it but apparently after a couple of years, it simply is not going to be fixed. I honestly don't understand why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you be more specific about the bug that won't export your projects? That sounds a little out of the ordinary. I can look into that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin,

None of UHD projects that exported just fine in ME 14/15 will encode to h264 (CBR/300Mbs) that I use for checking file. I've move to After Codecs and stopped using AME due to these issues. I don't have the flagged but found others in the forum with unresolved problems also with high bitrate h264s in newer AME. I don't have time to endlessly troubleshoot AME. It's no longer a tool to use. Plus After Codecs quality is visibly superior at high resolution, high bitrates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines