• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME 2015.2 Lost Effects Encoder Tab on Reinstall

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I recently had to be issued a new machine at work, and the fresh install of Media Encoder 2015.2 (newest version IT will let me use) seems to have lost the Effects tab in the encoder tab. I can't find anyway to get it back. Has anyone else ever run into this? It's pretty important that I get it back.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really strange.  So, you had the Effects tab before, but now it disappeared?

Could you try launching Media Encoder while holding a shift key?  This clears the app preferences and may help.

If you still see the issue, it might be helpful if you could post the screenshot of the missing tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried launching as you described and the issue persists. Digging a little deeper, it appears I lose the effects tab only on the presets that I imported from my previous install. The tab shows up correctly with the built in presets. Even more ironic is that many of my presets use the Effects tab to produce watermarks on outputs. Really, really weird.

This is a normal Adobe preset...

Capture01.PNG

And this is one of my imported presets...

Capture02.PNG

Also, if I start with one of my presets and change settings, it still doesn't come back. Is there anyway that a preset can show and hide tabs via the saved settings? Maybe that got corrupted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a preset created in AME 2014.2 and imported into 2015.2.  I didn't see the problem and still see the Effects tab.  Which version of AME did you use to create your presets originally?  Possibly, exported files could be corrupted for some reason.  Is it possible to re-export your presets from the original version of AME in which those presets were originally created and see how it goes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was exporting and importing into the same version. (2015.2) When I import them into CC 2017, the effects tab reappears. I am unable to go back to the original machine to re-export the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines