Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME 2018 H.264 New Adaptive Bitrate Presets

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two issues:

1.) The Adaptive Low Bitrate preset has a higher target bitrate than the Adaptive Medium Bitrate preset. Are they just reversed, or are the bitrate settings wrong?

2.) When I attempt to create a new preset based on one of the Adaptive Bitrate presets, the newly created preset seems to have lost its "adaptive" status. For example, I prefer to use VBR 2-pass in some circumstances instead of the default 1-pass. When I create such a preset, AME no longer indicates that the target bitrate is based on the source material. Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TonyAdamoli,

I am right there with you for #2.  I would love to have an "Adaptive Hight Bitrate - 2-pass" preset but whenever I try to create one, some values are already inserted into the target/max bitrates.  I don't know how they got there or where they got those numbers.  I'm not sure why "Based On Source" isn't an option like all the other settings.  This would be great; as of now, I'm having to drag & drop each individual file into AME and change 1-pass to 2-pass... ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines