• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME can't connect to Dynamic Link Server

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated both my AE and AME a couple of days ago. So I was running AE v 17.6 and AME v 14.8... After that when I sent renders to media encoder, from after effects and started the render it would tell me it was trying to connect to the dynamic link server for ages, and then it would fail. I went back and re-installed the previous version of AME and this seemed to fix my issue. But now it's doing the same thing and all renders are failing after trying to connect to the dynamic link server. I then re-installed the updated AME (v 14.8) to see if it would fix the issue but it hasn't. I now can't render out using AME. All renders fail! I'm working on an imac (macOS Catalina version 10.15.7 – I've been puttng off doing the OS update) and I've cleaned my cache on both applications... any help would be amazing! Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I've managed to get the render to work, just by repeatedly trying to run the render! But if anyone knows why this might be happening I'd be very grateful for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a PC but have had the same issues and also tried to roll it back - which also failed to improve things. Its driving me mad and really affecting my work. Having to revert to the render queue and then Handbraking it.

But the fact that Macs and PC's are affected similarly suggests it is entirely down to the software, so come on Adobe - sort it please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I've discovered that if I don't change the location of where the output file is going, then it renders fine! But if I change the output location it can't connect and fails. Don't know if this is the same for you, but hopefully so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I managed to render it out eventually it is very hit or miss as to whether it works... which is REALLY annoying! HAs anyone found a fix? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines