• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME CC 2018, Remaining time doesn't decrease only increases

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so i've been using Adobe Premiere pro for the last two years and started using AME in the past year.

This problem has only started the other night and I have no idea why

I do occasional youtube and recently I went to go Render my xcom 2 video, and on average my videos take 6-8 hours depending on length. Given that length be 20 mins - 60 mins.

The current video is an hour and 20 mins long, with 4 tracks. two with audio, one for facecam, one for gameplay.

I have a rx 480,  currently only have one card of memory in my PC but a stick of 8 gigs. currently in ( so i know times will or probably are longer than usual as i have my 2nd out rn)

64 bit, win 10.

My problem I am dealing with is in AME it starts off normally, my video says it'll take between 6-8 hours as it bounces. I leave home come back from work, or wake up and the remaining time is at 20 hours even though it's been rendering for 8-9 hours, and the seconds constantly slowly go up but in the preview window I can visually see the video is in the last 30 mins of the video.  I haven't waited around to see if it stops once there's nothing left to render because I feel it would just still "render" even if nothing was there. I will just render through Premiere pro tonight and see if anything changes. I should also mention there is no insane effects or a lot of effects added into my videos. The amount of effects are mainly for webcam and they are crop to make it a reasonable size and radial shadow to add a nice outline. I'm confused and lost as to why AME just recently is giving me this headache, I haven't tested if this problem is AME only or just the video I have edited.

Anyone have this problem or heard of a fix??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Hi,

Sorry for the variances in export times. That can happen depending on not only applied effects, but scaling, frame rate changes, etc. I would say that these time remaining progress bars are merely estimates, so you can't really rely on their accuracy at all times. What might help your performance is to engage the GPU for Mercury Playback Engine. Is it engaged or not?

You may want to report this to the dev team here, however, Media Encoder: Hot (226 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps .

Thanks,
Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the variances in export times. That can happen depending on not only applied effects, but scaling, frame rate changes, etc. I would say that these time remaining progress bars are merely estimates, so you can't really rely on their accuracy at all times. What might help your performance is to engage the GPU for Mercury Playback Engine. Is it engaged or not?

You may want to report this to the dev team here, however, Media Encoder: Hot (226 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps .

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines