• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME CC17 - Effects: Normalization problem

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying all morning why all my encoding tasks failed. But I found the source of the problem.

In the effects tab of the preset settings, there is a Normalization option. I had it set on EBU R128. I left all settings as the were by default. For scanning it used stream 1 (stereo).

When I disabled the normalizer, the encoding tasks worked like a charm. But why?

I tried to play with the settings a bit. It made no difference. I even tried to scan for two mono streams. The task still failed.

The source files is an MXF container: ( MXF OP1a, 8 mono channels )

The destination is the same format, just a different bitrate, also with 8 discrete audio channels.

Before I had to scan all the videos in Premiere, make adjustments to comply with the loudness norm for broadcasting in the Netherlands. Having it build in AME would save me so much time! But therefore it needs to work.

Does anybody else use normalizing this feature? If so, does it actually work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

In Loudness Normalization section, you need to assign channels matching to your source file.  This is needed for the normalization to work in AME.

Loudness_Channels.png

Since you use 8 mono channels, please add eight "Mono" channels there.  Encoding should work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Loudness Normalization section, you need to assign channels matching to your source file.  This is needed for the normalization to work in AME.

Loudness_Channels.png

Since you use 8 mono channels, please add eight "Mono" channels there.  Encoding should work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Awesome.

I tried it with two mono channels, since only two are used. Channel 3 ~ 8 are "blank". The 8 channel format is just one of the requirements for that TV station.

It seems kinda odd, to have all the channels added, since I will only process the first two. Having only two channels added to the list makes the preset more compatible with other source formats.

I will try your solution tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines