• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME Encoding from ProRes 4444 to MP4 turns my Video funny colors and rotates/inverts the image

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 2019
Proc: 3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W

96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
Vid Card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

After Effects Ver 15.2  +  Adobe Media Encoder 15.2. (this did not happen on my mac trashcan and older versions of AE/AME)

I render a Prores 4444 with alpha file from After Effects into a watch folder where AME picks it up and converts it to mp4 (yes i dont care about the alpha channel, its for proofing).    The mp4 that it spits out a messed up color version plus its inverted.  Using Software and Hardware encoding in AME results in differing color patterns.  The 4444 file rendered out of After Effects is correctly colored.  See below for settings and input output examples.  HALP!   01_AE COMP.jpg02_AME OUTPUT_HW.jpg03_AME OUTPUT_SW.jpg04_AE OUTPUT SETTINGS.jpg05_AME Settings.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Hardware or GPU , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Additional information.  It appears that it doesnt know what to do with the Alpha + Matte render.  When i render 4444 matte only or alpha only, it renders properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines