• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME exports AVCHD with sound but it drops after 10% or is out of sync

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I tried asking this in another thread, but seeing as how that question hadn't been answered by anyone in a year I figured I would start a new thread. 

I am trying to convert AVCHD in Adobe Media Encoder to .mov files. When I do, about 3 out of the 54 clips have audio all the way through, the rest either drop the audio after a few seconds or the audio is completely out of sync. With one, the audio is from a totally different clip altogether. I am intermediate user but this is beyond me and I am not as great with understanding codec's and the benefits/weaknesses or usage of each. I tried the clips back in the camera and they play with full audio, no drops, and no sync issues. So something is happening in the export process. I was following this tutorial that recommends exporting it with Apple ProRes 422 and I tried it with 422 HQ as well. The footage from my main camera is .mov so that is why I was converting it to be the same. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, looking through more footage it randomly drops at any time, not just 10% in. I also tried to export as H.264 - Match Sequence High Bitrate so see if I get out of Quicktime would that work? Turns out it doesn't. The audio still randomly drops out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry for the previous experience. We'll make sure the issue gets addressed properly this time.

I understand you've tried to transcode a AVCHD file to .mov and .mp4 formats and on both the occassions, the audio goes out of sync. Am I correct?

• Could you share a screenshot for your export settings?
  • Which media player are you using for checking the playback?
  • Do you have Adobe Premiere Pro installed?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines