Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME "cannot open project" ANY project

People's Champ ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gang,

I suddenly have an issue with ME not being able to open any After Effects projects.  I encoded a project earlier today as I normally do by dragging the AE project from MEs browser to the queue, all went fine.

I put my computer to sleep, went out for a bike ride, came home, made edits to two AE projects and saved them as usual.  When I tried to add them to MEs queue as I did a (a different project) a couple of hours earlier dynamic link tried to synch for a few seconds then said it could not open project.  I tried with the other project, same thing.  I tried with the project i had encoded a few hours earlier, same thing.  It couldn't open it.

I resterting PC twice.  same thing

(note: the first time I restarted i got a warning that CoreSync app was stopping my compter from restarting.  I restarted anyway)

I reset MEs preferences, same thing

I checked CC for any updates, there were none.  (both AE and ME are same version and up to date)

I tried exporting from AE to MEs queue, no luck.

I've resorted to rendering directly in AE (which blows)

I'm at a complete loss.  Any suggestions would be gretaly appreciated.

Thanks

media_encoder.jpg

~Gutterfish
TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Hi there,

Same here. Rolling back to previous AE and AME versions might fix it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/adobe-media-14-1-wont-receive-jobs-from-after-effects-v17-0-6/m-p/11065598?page=1

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Same here. Rolling back to previous AE and AME versions might fix it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/adobe-media-14-1-wont-receive-jobs-from-after-eff...

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I'll read through that.  Weird thing is it wasn't due to an update as I've been using these versions for some time.  Unless Adobe is now sneaking updates.  They've been getting sneakier and sneakier lately.  Example: hiding the CC app in the taskbar and then removing the option to kill it from the menu.  Monsters have taken over everything.  Must be stopped.  Fingers crossed.  May the wrath of....awww nevermind 🙂

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines