• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME Render Failures (new)

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.  I am a long-time AME and Prem Pro user and I have never, ever had encoding failures.  On slow computers, fast computers, SD, HD, 4K.  Never.   Maybe I have been lucky?

Anyway, working on several projects now and only queuing up 1 or 2 renders at a time.  And I usually don't do any heavy Premiere Pro work while rendering, but I might do something in there or in another program.  Now, it appears if I breath on the computer I get a failure.  In fact overnight I got one which I would have never expected as the computer was doing nothing else.

I can reset and re-render and it has worked but it is concerning.  These were 2 totally different projects, different media, etc.  What if the next time I can't get it to render at all?

I do use CUDA acceleration and of course if it continues, I know I can turn it off. I am using and i7-based windows 10 machine.

I am just wondering if there is something else "new" going on here with AME?  I know I have not run a project through AME for a few months.  I believe I am on the most recent AME as of a month or so ago, but I have gotten an error during a forced update of my Adobe Cloud app (another subject) so I cannot currently update AME if I wanted to if there is a very new version.  Besides, at least it works and I need to get several projects done this week.

I will try to get the Adobe cloud app working after that.  Went through the same hassle about a year ago.

Anyway, if I get the error again or can't get it to go away, just turn off CUDA acceleration and deal with the longer render times?

Thanks for any insight.

BJBBJB1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BJBBJB1,

This sounds like a bug which we know about and are working on. Please upvote this bug: Re: Creating proxies is very slow and after a while media encoder UI and Premiere Pro UI just goes n...

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin,

This was quite a while ago.... I completed my renders by not doing anything on the PC until they were complete.

I tried to follow two links and got nowhere.  If this is a known issue from a few months ago, what am I supposed to update?

I certainly hope this is fixed by now?  I used to have this issue with my old pinnacle products a decade ago, but never used to have with AME.

If a known issue is there a known workaround?  Is this fixed in a recentnpatch?

BJBBJB1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines