• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME RENDERING CAUSES COMPUTER TO STUTTER BUT PREMIERE AND AFTEREFFECTS IS FINE!

Contributor ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since recent updates to Adobe Media Encoder my Mac [3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 64GB Ram] stutters when I render anything! I thought buying the latest Mac would speed things up!

The same render direct from After Effects or Premiere or a third party Encoder has no problem and I can carry on working. The renders take eaxctly the same amout of time! 

Why is AME taking up all the CPU? I can't even use a browser while it is rendering! 

Are there any controls to suppress the number of cores it utilizes? I have tried assigning RAM in different proportions to the Adobe packages. I have tried switching between hardware and software rendering. These does not solve the problem.

Please help! 

- Pete

- Senior Editor

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

Thanks for writing in and sharing the details so well.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Catalina 10.15.6.

Thanks Shivangi, as I said the problem is with Media Encoder not Premiere or AfterEffects. 

The problem is the same irrespective of the memory I assign to AME, Premiere or AfterEffects.

Of course this is a mac Mini but it is the top spec i7 with 64GB. and the problem is the same when I switch to software render which would negate the lack of GPU power...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines