• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME stalling after about 20 clips

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I have been importing new footage. As part of that proxies are created. I have had a ton of issues with this today. starting out the clips were taking less than a minute to create the proxy. After about 20 clips (there are about 108 total) the clips are taking 10 to 15 minutes and AME is "not responding" the progress bar on the dock icon moves slowly across but the bar in the app window doesn't move at all. So I force quit and started again. I had saved the original queue so I removed the ones I know were done and started it again. This time around 15 clips got converted before the same thing happened. I have never had trouble like this before. I converted over 200 clips last week and didn't have any trouble. Running a 3.7 GHz Quad core Xeon, 64Gb with OS 10.12.6

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution?

I'm having the exact same problem. Everything will be going swimmingly and then *bam*. Spinny rainbow wheel. Time Elapsed and Remaining freezes. Progress bar freezes. Preview freezes. The  program appears non responsive in the Activity Monitor, but it is still using a ton of CPU and memory. If I force it to quit, there are no errors logged.

Since I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, I doubt it's anything with my project, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling AME, and that seemed to help it go a little longer without the problem, so my hopes were up.

I did notice that the progress bar on the icon in the dock is still moving though, too. The file size is growing in Finder, so I'm wondering if it is still working? I don't want to waste the time I've already spent rendering, but I also don't want to waste more time if it isn't really working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't found a solution. Now if I have a big list like on an ingest I pause it and save the queue that way if it dies I can force quit and start at the filed one. I have found that it is still working but at a tenth the speed that it normally takes. LIke you, the only indication that it's doing anything is the progress on the dock icon is moving. Clips where taking 15 to 20 min after the "crash" and the same clip after a force quite took 1 min 30 sec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines