• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME Using Cached Files

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone - I remember asking this question about a year ago but I've not received any response and I'm still messing around with the issue...

Quite often I'll need to render a file from After Effects several times over the space of a few hours (it's not unusual for a customer to have several revisions to a job in a short period of time). Unless I remember to restart AME each time, the software will see an older cached version of the After Effects comp and will render that as opposed to the newer revised version.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but it's a pain in the tuckus (and is time consuming) to restart AME six or eight times a day...

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HippieBoy Chris,

Sorry for the trouble. I understand your frustration. Have you tried purging All memory and disk cache in After Effects from Edit > Purge before Queuing the render to Media Encoder?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Media Encoder (AME) uses the temp After Effects project (AEP) file created at the time the Composition is sent to it.  

There's no setting to have this behave in a different manner.

Are you making a duplicate of the item in the Queue window of AME?  If so, that will always render the Comp saved in the temp AEP that was created at the time it was sent.  As such, any changes made in the AEP file that's currently open in After Effects will not show up in the resulting export.

If you're always adding the Comp from After Effects to AME and you're not getting a file based on the Comp at the time it was added, then try rendering a Best Setting Lossless file from the AE Render Queue to a Watch Folder set to export at the desired AME Format and Preset until you can figure out what's causing this issue on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines