Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated Gif export distorting/noisy

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

I am trying to export a simple animation I've made in After Effects. When exporting in H.264 its absolutely fine: 

H.264 renderH.264 render

However, when exporting in Animated Gif format, there is distorted pixels on the left:

Gif render with distortion pixels on leftGif render with distortion pixels on left

The distortion does not show up when chosing format, only when it has been completely rendered out.

I need these in Gif format, does anyone know how I can fix this please?

Any help would be amazing. 

Thanks, 

Abi 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GIF is a 30-year old format that probably should have died a long time ago. There are certain limitations you'll never be able to over and one of those is a max palette of 256 colors. You're mixing a very thin green line on top of blue, and to top it off your background is a gradient, which could have thousands of shades.

There are other methods of exporting GIFs like using Photoshop which gives you control over your color palette: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/make-animated-gif.html#:~:text=

GifGun is also a third-party After Effects script that does a very good job of exporting GIFs directly from within AE: https://aescripts.com/gifgun/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines