• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Export Doesn't Pass QC

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I delivered a series of videos to a client, and the audio didn't pass their QC software, but I haven't quite pinpointed why.

I exported the videos as H.264s with the audio as AAC, 48000 Hz, 320kbps, but they're claiming that the files are 41000 Hz and 128Kbps. In quicktime, it shows the files as 48000 Hz, and I double checked the preset I used and it says 320kbps.

My guess is that media encoder is doing a variable rate, so the kbps occasionally drops below 320Kbps and it flags their QC. Does that sound right? If so how do I make it constant? I don't see an option anywhere.

I also can't find any Mac software that will preform a QC on the files and show the audio bitrate. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MediaInfo is a great free tool for Mac & Windows to display metadata from a file, including bitrate and much more. It does indeed show that files created by Media Encoder have a variable audio bitrate, which I'm pretty sure will fail certain strict QCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines