• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio won't export the same as in timeline

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help I've have been trying everything to export my audio. I have been transferring cassette tapes and fixing them. It sounds perfect in the timeline but every time I export it and I've tried everything like playing with the Hz and bitrate but all I get is a crackling, pitched metallic audio.

Does anyone know what export settings or anyway to export the same audio as in timeline?

I've tried MP3, WAV, AAC (that sounded a little better)

48 bitrate 48000 Hz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the versions of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder?  Could you tell me the audio format in your source files?

You mentioned that you tried "48 bitrate".  Did you mean 48kbps?  If so, it's pretty low.  Can you try higher bitrate like 128kbps or higher?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The versions are Premiere pro CS6 6.0.5 and Media Encoder 7.2.2

Yeah I tried 48bkps and every time I go higher it is more metallic and sounds like static.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you directly import a Premiere project into Media Encoder and encode it?  If so, do you have any effect in your timeline?  Or did you import a single audio file into Media Encoder and encode?  I noticed that the versions in your Premiere Pro and Media Encoder are not in match.  Have you tried a matching versions like using Media Encoder 7.2.2 and Premiere Pro 7.2.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using just the Premiere Pro and I tried updating the system but it won't let me.

Through Premiere Pro I have been just doing trial and error takes and so far what works is AAC with 48bkps but it still sounds completely different from the timeline. I have 4 songs separated them made their own project still same thing. I'm running out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let you know that MP3 and AAC are compressed format.  So, it won't sounds completely the same as what you hear from the timeline, especially if you are encoding into low bitrate like 48kbps. Please try WAV with uncompressed codec if you haven't tried yet.  It should give you better sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it again but to save time what settings would you suggest. Is their another compressed format I can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best settings totally depend on how you want to use those audio files.  I would recommend start from the system presets we have in MP3 and AAC formats, and tweak settings for your needs.

For AAC, try also changing the audio codec settings and try AAC + Version 1 or AAC + Version 2 if its quality meets what you want.  Also there are the audio quality settings.

For MP3, you may want to try the "High" codec quality setting.

If you are on Windows, you can also export into Windows Media Audio.  Just select "Windows Media" format and disable "Export Video" check box in the settings dialog.  This exports a WMA file.  But, this format is not widely used like MP3 and AAC.  Where you can use this format may be limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines