• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Shutdown After Encoding Complete (Media Encoder 2017)

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how is there not an Auto Shut Down feature for Adobe Media Encoder yet? We're on the 2017 version and still nothing?

I don't want to leave my laptop on all night. Can we please get a Auto Shutdown option so that it forces the computer to shutdown after all the projects are finished encoding.

And also a startup log to show that everything went successful the next time we boot up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Hi Jaydeen,

That seems to be an amazing feature and I request you and all to place a feature request for this.

To be honest with you lot of users are actually asking for this feature.

Shutdown the computer when encoding has finished.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If we get a good number of requests our Engineering Team will surely consider it.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaydeen,

That seems to be an amazing feature and I request you and all to place a feature request for this.

To be honest with you lot of users are actually asking for this feature.

Shutdown the computer when encoding has finished.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If we get a good number of requests our Engineering Team will surely consider it.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shutdown the computer when encoding has finished. That's what we need since long ago.

+1 request from me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few years have passed again. I guess no updates on this ?

You can find this feature on almost every encoders out there. I know it doesn't matter to the big timers whom use Adobe software but for smaller creators it would be handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know I googled expecting to find an answer but to find people requesting this since 2012 and still nothing, shows that Adobe is loosing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 is here, no update on the auto-shutdown feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution !!!
Install Jdownloader. Download some sh** with it but set the download bandwith limit in order to match the time that the encoding shall waist. Then, in this tiny effective program that doesn't need a brigade of overpaid lazy engineers to lay down the sh**tiest code line ever, set jdownloader to shut down after it has finished downloading your cra**y selection. Done !!!
Angry Video Mounting Nerd ^^
Just to feel nasty, I use this method downloading camtazia's trial...that has the shutdown function ! O_o 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

or way easier:

use shutdown /s /t <time in seconds> in Powershell or cmd to schedule a shutdown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines