Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically render with multiple presets

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

for one of my customers I have set up a Windows machine with After Effects, Media Encoder and Node JS. Through Node JS I am able to use Extend Script to open an After Effects Project File, make some changes to it, and then add it to Media Encoder Queue. Media Encoder is configured to start rendering the file after a few seconds of idle time. Works perfectly.

But now the customer wants to get the rendered file in different video resolutions. 1080p, 720p, and so on. I created the respective presets in Media Encoder and when done manually I can add multiple presets to the queue item without trouble. The composition gets rendered to multiple video files simultaneously. But whenever a new composition is added to the queue automatically through Extend Script, Media Encoder always just applies that last preset that was added, and not the whole bunch of presets that I had manually added to the previous render item.

Is there any way to set up Media Encoder so it always applies four different presets to every new queue item? Or is there maybe a completely different approach to this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kind Regards,

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

You could copy the AE project to a watchfolder that is set up with multiple presets in AME...?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could copy the AE project to a watchfolder that is set up with multiple presets in AME...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That works exactly the way I hoped it would

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines