• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black and white preview - Media Encoder CC 2019

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing a project in After Effects CC 2019. Then I uploaded it to Media Encoder CC 2019 and the preview appeared as black and white, but the After Effects project is colorful. I used the Trapcode Suite plugin in the project. Sorry for the text, I don't speak English.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot of your entire interface of Media Encoder where you see the black and white preview? If you convert your file anyway is it black and white or in color? What happens if you drag a video into Media Encoder instead of sending it from After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the post with the images attached. This is another project and as you can see some parts are black, it seems that something is missing. I tried to render and still remained black and white. I added the project without going through After Effetcts and it was no use. I added a normal video and it was colored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Here's a random guess. Are you using any blend modes other than Normal? Also, do you have a background layer or are you just using the default background of the composition? In other words, is the bottom-most layer a background layer? If not, try creating a new solid that has the same color as whatever your composition color is when all layers are turned off. By default it's black, but you could have changed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo layer is above a gray layer. On another computer I could render this project normally. If I download Premiere, will it look good? I think there is missing a plugin in my AE that is leaving the image like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading Premiere shouldn't have any effect here. If it works properly on another computer then you can try reinstalling Media Encoder. You can also try exporting an intermediate file from After Effects, such as ProRes 422, then taking that into Media Encoder and converting to H.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess you have disabled a lumetri or a blend effect and its not showing in the program monitor but instead it shows in the final output. Check if u anything disabled in the effect controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issues with Media Encoder 2020.  I have an After Effects projecs that I'm trying to process through Media Encoder. It's color of couse, but the preview is totally off. This morning I updated AE and Media Encoder to the most recent versions. Please help.Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 9.15.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was facing the exact same problem with the same template you are using. Still don't know what is causing the problem, but I was able to work around the issue by rendering on AE first before encoding the resulting master video file on AME. The final encode actually goes pretty quickly. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines