Every time I export a H.264 video with bitrate setting below 1 Mbps, the output's total bitrate is always around 3 Mbps. I tried with 0.9 Mbps, 0.6, 0.4.. it's still the same.
When I set it to 1 Mbps and 1.1 Mbps, it exported correctly. I never get this problem in the previous version of AME.
Why does it happen and is there a way to fix this?
I'm experiencing the EXACT same problem. I have a few webinars that range from 40 minutes to 80 minutes in length. As you can imagine, the difference between 0,5mbps and 3mbps second is 500MB vs 3GB.
I have tried editing and exporting at different resolutions incase there is a standard I'm not conforming to, but it's made difference at all.
Just this morning, I upgraded to the latest version of Media encder (v14.3 Build 39) and it has made no difference at all. I've just run a test by encoding a 6min test file as H.264. These are my results:
Target bitrate:0,3mbps resulted in a 95MB file. (Clearly this is an error)
Target bitrate: 1,2mbps resulted in a 55MB file.
Target bitrate: 3mbps resulted in a 137MB file.
It also makes no difference if I export from Media Encoder or from Premier Pro.
I've attached a screenshot of my settings as you requested from nadyam98391617 and tried different files and projects (though I've been using Media Encoder with an exported file, so there's no project settings or other potential conflicts that might come from Premier)
As a further test, I tried out 2 other [free] solutions... Handbrake and Prism File Converter and they encoded at low bitrates without any problems at all, so this is proof that it's a problem in the Adobe software, and not in my computer, Windows, graphics drivers, codecs, GPU, Cuda, etc...
Please Adobe, respond with a solution. I'm dying here Adobe. My client supplies me with a 400MB file and I send them back a shorter version thats 2GB. This makes me look very unprofessional. Help!!!
(BTW, I'm on an Acer Swift laptop running Windows 10, 16GB RAM, i7, Iris Pro graphics)