• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't finish encoding?

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a Character Animator scene as a video with an alpha channel via AME, however the progress bar always stops around halfway through. The elapsed time stops moving, and no amount of waiting helps. I read about people having similar problems, however those always involved Premiere / AE and some funny business with sequences, which doesn't help my Character Animator issue.

I'm not going to change the AME encoding settings (QuickTime format with the GoPro CineForm RGB 12-bit with alpha preset) because I need the transparent background.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenterbz,

Sorry for your issue. I understand that the export process freezes on using AME for a Character Animator file.

What are your system specifications (OS, RAM, GPU, Processor)?

Would it be fine if you share your export settings with us? FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.Media Encoder (CC2019 Problem) - hangs/freezes during encoding

The only thing that helps is to turn off CUDA and go with software acceleration. You will have to wait four times longer but It does not freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem. Using the following specifications: iMac Pro 128GB Memory Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB 3GHz Intel Xeon W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ericg,

That's not ideal. Thanks for sharing the system information.

• Do you get the issue specifically with the Character Animator projects?
  • Have you tried importing any media file in AME and then try to transcode it?

Let me know how that goes. I'll follow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually found that the timeline had a video clip that had an issue, it would always freeze on that same clip. So, I deleted the clip and found that everything works again. I uploaded the most current software again and am now back in business. Thanks for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice job troubleshooting that!! I am glad to hear you're back on track. Give us a shout if you need anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines