Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get AE file to the Media Encoder Queue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yesterday I updated AE and Media Encoder to the latest versions and after that I'm not able to get the AE file to the queue in Media Encoder.

I press;

Export - Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue: But the file doesn't show up in the queue window in Media Encoder.

I've tried to reinstall earlier versions but then the quality of the movie gets really really bad!

I use a MacBook Pro 15 and I have Adobe Creative Cloud

Best regards

Johnny

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

This could be caused by mismatch languages between OS and AE/AME.  For an experiment, could you try switching OS language to the language set for AE/AME  to see if this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This puts in ME, but when I try to render, it immediately fails. So dynamic link still isn't working for some reason..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this step DID add my after effects file to the queu in media encoder so that's the furthest I've gotten so far. But when I want to render it it immediatly fails. I looked at the error log and it grabs the wrong source file. It grabs an older version of the animation I made instead of the one I actually want to render. Which is so weird because I press render from the right file but when in media encoder it grabs the wrong source file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED! (kind of) After months of trying i've eventually found a way that works!  

I had a fair few layered photoshop files in my ae comp that I was using.  I deleted these, and hey presto, it works.  It turns out AME doesn't like photoshop files referenced in after effects.  you'll have to bake out the layers as png  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but my AE comp only has a few mp4 file with no effect, just some mask. The render doesn't queue up on Encoder. Even if I click send to render, then hit "Queue in ME" I can see the link in ME but when I hit render, it just stops rendering. I'm trying to resintall ME to see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a joke that this continues to be a problem years in. I've just updated to all latest versions of AE + AME.. immediately I'm no longer able to queue up my comps for render, so I back install previous versions and I have success for about 3 renders then Kaput again. So I upgrade to the latest OS for Mac and re-install the latest Abode updates. I get 2 succesful renders and its back to this nonsense, such as waste of my working day with this issue. Why is every thread being dodged with any real solution to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having the same issue. Dynamic links not working from AE to AME reliabily. I can render directly in AE or using BG Render Max or Render Garden, but the traditional workflow to adobe media encoder isn't working about half the time. The render shows up in AME, but when I go to modify settings it stalls out, so I assume there's some kind of bug in the dynamic link. Whack. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Workarounds don't seem to work and I am most definitely NOT installing older versions of AE or AME to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window > Queue and make sure you have your Queue tab open. When you update Media Encoder I found that it was showing me the watch folder tab only and it had closed the Queue tab. The tabs look very similar so it can be decieving. You probably have imported all your AE comps over, you just arent seeing the right tab. Just took me about 45 mintues to figure this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. My Queue opened in V.22 by default. If anyone else sees this, PM me. Thanks, Jesse.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, so simple  and solved 😂😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME does not show composition. Sometimes it does, but then rendering stops after seconds. Tried everything, restart, reinstall, language settings… and I remain… well… flabbergasted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACK. This is happening to me. I exported to Adobe Media Encoder Queue as I always do, clicked the green 'play' button and encoded an mp4. Then went back to AE, changed a dropshadow percentage, then hit export to Adobe Media Encoder Queue again, and nothing. I tried to open up the AE file directly from Media Encoder, and it stalls in 'connecting to project' endlessly.

The workaround for me is exporting a MOV directly from AE and then opening up in Adobe Media Encoder to export an MP4. That's not great obviously. 

Using Adobe CC2022 version 22.0 (build 107) for Adobe Media Encoder and version 22.0.0 (build 111) for Adobe After Effects.

HALP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My languages match my OS and AE/AME software and I still can't get anything to show up in the queue window in AME.  Please someone find a solution for this.

Here are my computer specs:

macOS Monterey
Version 12.6 (21G115)
Mac Studio (2022)
Chip Apple M1 Ultra
Memory 64 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently having this same issue and discovered it has to do with an Apple bug with how iCloud Drive syncs across devices on macOS Monterrey and Ventura. Once I stopped syncing Desktop and Documents on iCloud Drive, Media Encoder was able to be activated by Premiere again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I encounter the same problem since AE and AME uptaded to Version 23. I can't find a reliable solution in this thread, I already uninstalled/reinstalled AME. Is there any known issues when working on projects in dropbox ? I work on a Mac Studio 2022 / MacOs 13.4.1 . Seems to be a problem with dynamic link server, I can't even browse compositions of an AE project directly in Media Encoder. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines