Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import FLV files into media encoder

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I've recently updated my Media Encoder to version 13.0.2 and now I can't import FLV files into it. I made the mistake of saving my recordings as FLV files and would like to convert them to MP4s. All the available sources online say that I can use Media Encoder for this conversion, however, when I import the files a "File Import Failure" box pops up with an error message that reads "The source compression type is not supported".

I would really like to edit these files in premiere pro and would first like to compress and convert them in media encoder. Is there any way around this? Please let me know.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember which version FLV import was removed, but you can download a previous version of AME: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Note that AME wasn't a standalone app until just a few years ago, so if you need to download a version that's older than CC 2017 (which is the last version I can download separately in my CC app) you can go back to a previous version of Premiere that would bundle AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there David,

I did give this a shot - I installed the oldest version available (11.1.4). It did not work. I am still getting the same error message.

I did find this: File formats supported for import for Media Encoder

The page seems to be recently updated (Dec 2018) - does this mean I'm missing a codec? Particularly the On2 VP6 codec? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to video editing.

If it's the codec that I need for my windows OS in order to import FVL into Media Encoder - where would I be able to find one? I've browsed at bit but everything seems super sketchy.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing other codecs is often inviting other problems, and if it seems sketchy then you should probably go with your gut and stay away. You could always install Adobe Animate (formerly Flash) and import the files there to export as MP4s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll need to install Adobe Media Encoder CC (7.2) in order to export FLVs.

If you can't get them through the Creative Cloud app you can go here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines