• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 appending save path to watch folder output

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some new setting in After effects 2017 to embed a save location? I was using AE/AME 2014 with watch folders successfully until I tried to upgrade to 2017. Now when I place a project file in the watch folder I get a failure because the encoder is trying to add extra file path on top of what I specify in the watch folder.

For example with AME 2014:

watch folder - D:/output/videoTemplate/

watch folder output location I chose - D:/renders/

Works fine and renders go to D:/renders/

But with AME 2017:

watch folder - D:/output/videoTemplate/

watch folder output location I chose - D:/renders/

I get failed error because AME is trying to send to D:/renders/output/videoTemplate/ which doesn't exist. Obviously the file contains the original save location somewhere in the metadata and is trying to insert it automatically. Even if I use a different watch folder or output it still tries to add /output/videoTemplate/ which means this path must be saved within the project file somewhere. How do I disable this functionality?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effects does have an option to specify save the save location. I usually have mine look at the location of the project folder, go up two folders, and back into my Assets>Motion Graphics folder. It's very handy to not have to pick that location every time, and the benefit is that it's a relative location, so every output will go to the proper folder regardless of what project I'm in. Perhaps you chose this option? I'm not sure, but look at the attached screenshot. When you click the arrow on the right of "Output To:" in the Render Queue you can choose Comp Folder and Name and the output location will change. Is that somehow your default option in After Effects?

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 12.05.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines