• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer loses connection to screen while rendering

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite often when I try to render my After Effects files with the Media Encoder my computer loses it's connection to both of my screens and I am not able to restore the connection.
Has somebody encountered something similar and can help me to find a solution for it?
Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. Ideally, the preview related glitches are related to the graphics card. Which GPU do you have on your computer? Are the GPU drivers updated to the latest version?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! Thanks for your fast answer!
I have this GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
I have updated it recently because this problem occured. But I guess it was unfortunately not the solucion because it is still happening.

I tried to render something once more. During that I checked the GPU. In the beginning it was around 3% performance and then after 10min rendering at 3/4 of the project) it suddenly peaked. Then it was between 80% and 100% for a short time and then it crashed again.

The video file was not that renderintensive - it's an 2D animation (shape and textlayers) without any effects or 3D stuff.

Thanks for the help

- Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines