• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant Crashing with Media Encoder on PC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently got a new editing PC in the office which is running the latest version of the Adobe CC Suite (12.1.1 build 10). Almost any video export of any length seems to fail with this error or similar: (encoding straight from premiere will bring up the same error)

------------------------------------------------------------

- Encoding Time: 00:00:16

06/28/2018 09:26:58 AM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\Y:\NLC\path\to\file\video.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:00:01:07

Rendering at offset: 0.000 seconds

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609629695

The error seems to occur at a different timecode each time, so I don't think it's a specific piece of media. Usually it crashes inside the first minute but sometimes it has made it through most of the video before crashing and sometimes it will manage to encode the full video after several attempts.

One of our cameras (Canon XF305s) has recently been away for repairs, (this coincided with getting the new PC), so I have been substituting in a Panasonic GH4 and shooting in 4K (and adding movement etc. in post) so I was wondering if this might be causing an issue as an older project with both 305s seemed to encode fine. However I have used the GH4 and 305s in the same project before in previous versions and never had an issue.

The footage is mostly mxf files from a canon xf305s (1920x1080) and mp4 files from a Panasonic GH4 (4K.) Edited in a multicam sequence (which is 1920x1080)

Codecs I have tried include, using our old custom YouTube preset, the Premiere 1080p YT preset, match source HQ in h.264 and Go Pro cineform in Quicktime and all seem to have the same error. (Although MP3 still seems to be fine.) The footage has colour grades applied with lumetri and there are no plugins apart from a couple of 3rd party luts, which are not being used in the project.

The projects range in length from 30-50 minutes however I have had the same issue with some 5-10 minute videos as well.

The computer specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700 (temps don't usually exceed 60-65 during encode)

GPU: nVidia GTX-1050 (I have experimented using cuda acceleration and not using it - no difference)

Mobo: ASUS Prime X370-Pro

RAM: 32gb DDR4

Storage: 500gb SSD (local) and editing off a 20tb server over a fibre cable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

In the Creative Cloud app, navigate to the app tab and click the arrow next to the "Open" button, in the dropdown menu select "Other Versions"

Install any previous version that's available.

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 11.29.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encoder has had this crashing bug since it's last update in April. I found that any previous version is more stable than the latest release. I downgraded to Encoder 12.0.1 and have not had issues, just heads up don't set your video encoding settings in premiere, que it up and then set your settings in Encoder.

Adobe is aware of the issue, yet I don't see why they keep the unstable version up for others to experience, or better yet, have an actual update to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I downgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cloud app, navigate to the app tab and click the arrow next to the "Open" button, in the dropdown menu select "Other Versions"

Install any previous version that's available.

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 11.29.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading AND disabling import sequences natively (in general preferences in Encoder) and disabling 'enable accelerated Intel h.264 decoding' seemed to work - I'm using an AMD CPU so I wonder if that setting especially was causing some issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting...Adobe released 12.1.2 today. I'm downloading it now to test out. Fingers crossed they brought the stability they said they were going to address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading seems more stable but still had a crash - I think I may have tracked the problem down to a dodgy graphic, I deleted it and it seems to be encoding fine now.

If Adobe knows this was causing a lot of issues for people, at the very least you'd have thought they'd pull the update and then have a bug fix asap...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday Adobe acknowledged that a fix is coming.

I’m gonna close this thread as this is in many ways non-actionable feedback.

For one thing, there’s a beta testing community, and it is large and active. Which addresses the subject line.

As for the bugs listed in the comments: it’s ideal to pick one topic and add detail to it (or vote on something that’s already described like is the case for all the bugs listed here).

On a general note: I appreciate the sentiment, and there’s already a plan in motion to shift towards more investment in stability and performance.

Bugs addressed with 12.1. and 12.1.1 are listed here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

A 12.1.2 release is in the works and will address a large number of concerns raised here on user voice and on the forums.

As always, thanks for the candid feedback. Keep it coming.

Patrick

OG Thread:

Create a beta testing community so the rest of us don't have to drown in bugs – Adobe video & audio ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the problem on my end, it was the processor cooling fan.

It was still cooling but not good enough because it got worn-out.

I can confirm that the export is working fine, I about 1 hour of constant exporting and everything went well with the new cooling system on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked for you!

I don't think my issue is the fan as the PC is pretty much brand new and I have been monitoring the temps (via core temp) and it hasn't pushed 60-65 which should be well within acceptable levels for the R7 1700 (I believe the max temp is 95c for that particular chip.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I have a problem with media encoder 2019 that I've been using it for the past 3 or 4 months. It was working perfectly until 2 days ago when I finished an edit and expot it from ae to media encoder and when I was about to change the settings for better quality it crashed my whole system for no reason ( to be honest when I was editing the project ae crashed 2 times and it was lagging a little bit but I didnt pay much attention to that even if it didn't seem normal because it wasnt heavy at all) I turned off and back on my computer at least 3 times. I found a video on YouTube that some guy had the same problem like me and he recommended to try and see if I could render an other project to see if the project was causing the problem (because the project was causing that problem to him)...  So I tried to render an old project that media encoder had rendered before perfectly but same thing happened. I also tried to render it from ae it self so I can export it to media encoder or at least to Sony Vegas Pro but the again it didn't work. When I tried the same thing yesterday ae wasn't lagging as much as it was lagging the day before ( I also deleted some effects ). So I tried again this time it let me change the settings and it started rendering it but after 7 seconds it did it again..so then I thought it could have been the settings so then I tried to render it without changing anything but again same thing..and again I tried doing it 3 or 4 times but it didn't work. This has never happened to me before( just for you to know I am an Instagram editor which edits TV shows and movies so keep in mind that I am not using heavy files also sorry for my bad English hope you understand what I mean) please help guys I really have no idea what to do and I really need to get back at posting edits..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines