• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert .AVI to (anything?)

Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I get an error message whenever I try to drop an AVI file into media encoder. Is it possible to convert an AVI file to anything using Adobe ME?

TOPICS
Export or render , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac? Apple computers don't like AVI files. The easiest way would be if you happen to have Media Encoder on a Windows computer. However, if you don't, depending on the AVI's codec, you might be able to locate a place online where you could possibly download and install it. You can take a look at the AVI's details with free software called MediaInfo. For example, years ago we had a TriCaster model that recorded AVI. And I had to install NewTek codecs on my Mac to be able to edit the AVI files in Premiere Pro.

Of course, there's also handbrake, which generally accepts most AVI files. But I generally try to solve things keeping things within the Adobe apps.

Hope this gave you some ideas to try. If you could, let the community know which one works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I ended up just using VLC, and also Handbrake later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines