• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting H.264 files with 12 audio channels to HEVC without mixing down to one stereo track

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if the title is a bit run-on. My brain is tired from trying to do this.

So I have a LOT of very high bitrate footage in H.264 that has 12 audio channels. 7TB later I've learned my lesson but now I have TBs of bloated media. I've found that converting the footage to HEVC in AME reduces the file size blah blah blah you know this part. 

The problem I am having, and hoping that you can help with, is with keeping the 12 audio channels intact during the export. I want to get rid of the bloated original media once I've converted everything because my projects just aren't sustainable at the rate I'm gathering media. 

I know I could export it twice to work around it, but I'm hoping I'm missing something so everything can stay synced.

EDIT: 2 days later and 7 people have seen this post. How is this forum this dead? Guess I should stick to reddit. For those who are curious as to what I did to resolve my issue, I just cued up a high bitrate HEVC and a 12 channel WAV preset for each of the media files I wanted to reencode. Worked like a charm, took 2 days of my computer's full attention, but I ultimately freed up almost 5TB. If there's a way to select more audio tracks in HEVC in AME, please let me know.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Feature request , Formats , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?