• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not read from source -- possible plugin conflict?

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export my AE (2020) comps using Media Encoder 2020, I am getting an error that says "Could not read from source. Please check the settings and try again."

Similarly, if I try to edit the settings for a render item in AME, it tries to connect with Dynamic Link and after a while gives me the same fail message. 

I've dug into the log files and it is pointing to the correct file source. However, sometimes things work just fine.

My current theory is that there is a plugin that somehow interferes with things, though it's worth pointing out that I didn't have this problem with previous versions of AME.

I'm currently exporting to intermediate renders which I then filter through AME into the client's preferred specs, which is a needless and irritating workflow, not to mention time expensive.

Anyone else have this problem? Or know how to resolve it?

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im actually dealing with this as well. I got into contact with customer support and after 2 hours we managed to render a video. He told me that it was because the video i was using had unstable frames. We ran it through a third party software and the video by itself worked. We ended the conversation there, however, after running my footage through that software for about 2 hours then re-doing the whole video, i had the same exact problem. Im back to square one. Im going to try to download the 2019 version of media encoder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines