Exit

Create Ingest preset not functioning as expected

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both Adobe MC CC18 and CC19--

Goal: to create proxies for 4K files.

When I go to create an encoder preset, everything seems to be fine, but then as I go to create an "Ingest Preset" as noted in various Adobe publications, the pop up window to create the ingest preset looks just like the "create an encoder preset", and there is only a "Save a copy as" to complete- and once complete it is listed at an encoder preset under format- not "ingest" preset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Admins?? Any support or advice here? Im not sure what is happening but no matter what I can not repeat what I did earlier in 2018 which is to creat actual ingest presets-- they end up being encode presets which of course I can't add to PPR in the INGEST dialogue prompt in PPR.

Thoughts??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you try to create an ingest preset?

Have you tried the followings?
- From Media Browser, click "+" icon > Create Ingest Preset
- Preset menu > Create Ingest Preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MMeguro,

Yes Ive tried both, and to grenadier's point I have created the encoder preset first. Put it this way I've followed step by step any of the latest protocols that are available at Adobe's support pages.

Just for some more background info, Ive created presets in the past- but now Im not getting the proper dialogue box.

Here's the default dialogue box when I click on create ingest preset:

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 12.19.23 PM.png

as you can see, it only gives me the option to "Save as" and when I do it does not list as a "ingest preset" format it lists as a quicktime.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling ME19. Members on my team have the same version but are able to easily create presets.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would you like me to try and create the ingest preset and send it to you?  Give me the exact settings that you'd like to encode to and when I have a few moments, I'll give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mgrenadier, very thoughtful- but that won't help solve the problem, which is: I need to be able to create specific presets for any number of cameras, codecs, formats etc that come through my team. That variability alone between in-house cams/recording formats and vendors we use makes the process of creating proxies for 4K footage ever-changing. So I need the ability to make a number of presets at any given time dependent on the footage received- which in our case can be many.

Plus, if something is broken within our Adobe Eco-system of creative apps that we pay monthly for, I'd like to know that they are all functioning as expected, ... as they are paid monthly for

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried digital rebellion's preference manager

Preference Manager - Digital Rebellion

I probably don't have the latest version (which hopefully has been updated for cc2019 which I haven't done on my main workstation yet). 

Haven't used it on any part of the creative cloud, but it was a lifesaver for fcp7.  Jon Chappel of digital rebellion was a frequent contributor to the apple fcp7 forum.  Don't know if he's watching this forum or not, but if you like I can email him and ask if he's got any insights into your problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

found this

Media Encoder Help | Set preferences

Might try resetting the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, you have to have create an encoding preset (or use an existing encoding preset) to set up a ingest preset.  Here's a screengrab of the dialog box I see  Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 12.10.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines