• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating proxies is very slow and after a while media encoder UI and Premiere Pro UI just goes not responding in the backround.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I have a quite big problem with using AME to create proxies in my project. Since the last version update, AME is slow on making proxies and almost every time stops working in like 20-30 minutes of renderding.
I have projects that has like 500+ files (4K, 1080, some even bigger) and playing it back via online files in Premiere is pain. proxy is the solution but AME is slow and crashes, only solution atm is to literally keep an eye on proxy making process, what is wasting my precious time as an editor.

In previous version I could queue all jobs and come back morning to see that everything is done. Now i am not able to do this anymore, since usuallly i see that around 10% is done and everything has stopped working. I've even had some projects to corrupt thanks to this.

So my question is. Is it possbile to get this problem fixed? Is there a workaround with making proxies? I tried to use ffmpeg program on CLI to make proxies but i was not able to get those files to link with original files (audio was mismatching). When can we as a customer see performance related improvements in Adobe software?

I dont want to move to another editing platform, because I know it will take time to learn it and master it.

I use latest macOS, I have more than decent renderding power in my pc, (7700K, 1080TI, 32GB memory and 5820k, 1080TI, 64GB memory)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

elkalamar,

The forums is largely a user to user support system and is not the best place to report issues, user voice is. I found a bug you can upvote here: BUG: What happened to Proxy creation? Buggy and slow in V.12 compared to V.11 – Adobe video & audio apps

Please add any comments to the bug.

Thanks, and sorry for your issue.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same situation here. Imac 27" 2015 maxed out specs.

I made a custom preset and make te proxies that way Thats works fine.

After some testing it has to be something between premiere and AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encoder has had this crashing bug since it's last update in April and currently they have not released a patch. I found that any previous version is more stable than the latest release. I downgraded to Encoder 12.0.1 and have not had issues, just heads up don't set your video encoding settings in premiere, que it up and then set your settings in Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues. It's a nightmare. I'm having to transcode small bunches of 5 or so files at a time to make my proxies - and even then Premiere Pro (and / or Adobe Media Encoder) crashes quite often. Like you I have several hundred files that need transcoding to proxies (3k Prores 422 HQ files which just won't play back smoothly on my system, which is reasonably well spec'd).

This is the only workaround I can find and it's - well - not very workable.

Would like to see some Adobe response on this as lots of people seem to be experiencing this, and it's basic workflow stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting the same situation here. my iMac has been running all weekend and it is stuck after the first folder. It appears to be still processing but very slowly.

3 months since bug was first reported. Should we expect a fix soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently contacted Adobe customer services via Twitter (@AdobeCare) and complained about the issue. There is apparently a way of contacted customer support here to report an issue, but I'm not sure how (Adobe don't make it very obvious).

But def recommend contacting Adobe to report the issue because what gets discussed on this forum doesn't necessarily seem to get to the developers. We need as many people as possible letting Adobe know the issue, so that they prioritise sorting these basic problems in fixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elkalamar,

The forums is largely a user to user support system and is not the best place to report issues, user voice is. I found a bug you can upvote here: BUG: What happened to Proxy creation? Buggy and slow in V.12 compared to V.11 – Adobe video & audio ...

Please add any comments to the bug.

Thanks, and sorry for your issue.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Kevin,

The forums is largely a user to user support system and is not the best place to report issues, user voice is. I found a bug you can upvote here: BUG: What happened to Proxy creation? Buggy and slow in V.12 compared to V.11 – Adobe video & audio ...

Thanks for indicating the bug which can be up-voted and / or commented on. If you look across the forums they are scores of frustrated Adobe users having this same issue, the bug however has been up-voted 8 times (including by myself and at least 1 other on this thread). That suggests to me that the bug-report system just isn't working - can we not find some way of reporting bugs (and consolidating bug reports) directly from the forums? I would not have found that bug "What happened to Proxy creation? Buggy and slow in V.12 compared to V.11" had you not post the link here.

Considering how buggy Adobe software has become since Creative Cloud I think Adobe need to sort out a much clearer way for users to communicate issues, whether or not it connected to the user forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's one of the top issues I'm advocating a fix for. Hopefully, we can get it fixed ASAP. Sorry for the frustration.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure why this response has been marked as a "correct answer" when in fact it doesn't resolve the key issue discussed in the thread. It's a useful answer but marking it as "correct" suggests that the issue discussed in the thread has been solved - it hasn't. Sumeet Kumar Choubey can you address this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported to bug AdobeCare on Twitter and have upvoted the bug via the link. Thanks Kevin for your response.

Adobe Customer Care on Twitter: "Hi, sorry about this. Yes, it's a known issue. Can you please upvot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines