• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between H624 & H624 Blu-ray

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PPro sequences setting is 1920 x 1080 50fps progressive.

What is the difference in resolution between the AME formats H624 (.mp4) and H624 Blu-ray (.m4v). I have no problems building in Encore using the former but as has been reported previously Encore gives me the Code 3 error (unable open .ves file) when using the latter.

A pointer to some explanation (if it exists) would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the pointer.

Although that answer is 5 years old (a number of updates of AME has gone under the bridge since then) I am assuming that there is no difference between the two other than that H264 Blu-ray does not multiplex video and audio, I am a hobbyist and subscribe to Adobe CC only so that I can edit and produce home movies on Bluray discs. Since, because of the last update of AME, I can no longer use H264 Bluray format, H264 will have to do for the time being.

Thank you for your quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you import the H.264 (non Blu-ray) format created file, does it show "do not transcode" under the Blu-ray Transcode Status column? That seemed the essential difference to me. When I researched this in the past, I could not find a group of settings that would avoid EN re-transcoding the file. I wasn't fully convinced that proper settings could not be found, but I didn't find them. I didn't look too hard, because I believe that there were some settings that were simply not exposed in the settings panel to work with.

With the H.264 Blu-ray export bug, it may be worth looking again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines