Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need Media Encoder?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I downloaded Premier Pro in order to use it for smaller projects, nothing too fancy. Actually, I don't use it very often. The thing is, Media Encoder is downladed too, but I've never used it. I don't really know what it is for. Do I need it? I'm trying to free storage space, and I was wondering if I could uninstall it.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

You may uninstall it, but if you are short on disk space, it would be better to get a larger drive. It really dosn't take up that much space compared to the amount of space media requires.

It offers an alternative method of exporting instead of direct export.  One advantage is the ability to queue up more than one export at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may uninstall it, but if you are short on disk space, it would be better to get a larger drive. It really dosn't take up that much space compared to the amount of space media requires.

It offers an alternative method of exporting instead of direct export.  One advantage is the ability to queue up more than one export at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines