• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe Media Encoder save/export in swf format?

Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe Media Encoder save/export in swf format?

If yes how?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

No.

Why would you want to do that?

You should render and export into F4V or FLV formats if your intent is to play the videos in Flash Player.

formats that AME can export:

http://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/file-formats-supported-export.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Why would you want to do that?

You should render and export into F4V or FLV formats if your intent is to play the videos in Flash Player.

formats that AME can export:

http://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/file-formats-supported-export.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why you would wan't to use a SWF, is that it's the only way to get a seamless video to loop perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was curious as to why it doesn't export to SWF too. It seems sort of silly to have it be the new way to encode a video so that you can import it into Flash but not have it encode into SWF from the start. AS TO WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT? I have 1000 video files that have to be made into swf, to do that I have to use AME to convert them from AVI to F4V and then import them one at a time into Flash and export them as a swf file, THAT IS WHY I WOULD WANT TO DO THAT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF is not a video format. That is why the Flash Video (FLV and F4V) formats exist.

The are very inefficient ways of making SWF behave in some ways like a video format, such as creating a SWF file that uses a sequence of JPEG or PNG image frames, but such files are enormous and have other problems. After Effects has this option, which was created before Flash Video (F4V and FLV) formats were invented, but that does not mean that a modern video encoder like AME should add this very obsolete feature.

The way that people create video for Flash Player is to create F4V or FLV files. You can embed or link those in a SWF file using Flash Professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee thanks todd for your elegent reply! I only use the POS that is AME, because it's the only way to import an avi into Flash now, instead of being able to do it natively I now have to go outside to import into. I understand that the progs at Adobe may not be able to make AME do something as simple as convert an AVI into an SWF but that doesn't surprise me at all, Adobe has been systematically effing over the people that use to use Macromedia products for years. I am glad to see people starting to use animated GIFs again instead of Flash I am a master at those and have been since the mid-nineties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way to have a looping video in PDF is by placing SWF. For some reason Adobe omits video looping or animated gif in their PDF container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines