• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Media Encoder REALLY use my Radeon Pro Vega 56? [AME 13.1.5] [macOS 10.13.6]

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm sittin' in front a Mac with High Sierra 10.13.6, using Media Encoder 13.1.5 (CC2019). GPU is a AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56.

When I'm rendering a video, neither using GPU acceleration Metal nor GPU acceleration OpenCL seems to actually fire up the GPU. Shouldn't it be like cooking around at about a 100 %?... But the GPU activity window shows her almost idle, being bored to death... what wakes her up though (activity going up to very high) is e. g. opening a YouTube Video and watching it full screen.

So it seems like i can chose GPU acceleration... yet, it also seems like it doesn't actually use it. The only thing google shows me about this topic is people not beeing able to choose GPU acceleration at all, but that's not my problem. 

Same problem when exporting from Premiere Pro directly.

Any Ideas?

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Export or render , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU acceleration is a very complex topic, but here is a post with links to multiple articles that aim to answer your exact questions: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/everything-you-need-to-know-about-gpu-in-premiere-pro/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I understand your point. Ideally, GPU acceleration is used only when you have applied GPU accelerated effects to your clip or made color correction, etc. However, we should not jump to any conclusion.

• Did you take a look at the article shared by @davidarbor?
  • Is it a .prproj file that you are trying to render or a file that you are transcoding?
  • Also, I'm curious to know if there is any reason because of which you have not updated your OS and application version.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines