• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dolby Codec not installed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac lab runs Adobe CC.  Recently I ran RemoteUpdateManager through ARD to update CC on these macs.  Now users are getting the warning: DD.png

User profiles are wiped upon logout, so this error pops up any time a subsequent user edits AVCHD footage or exports audio as Dolby Digital.   Is there a dolby digital codec I can download/install?  Or, am I stuck having to create a new user template for each workstation...   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

When Dolby file is imported or exported first time, AME installs the codec into /Users/Shared/AdobeinstalledCodecs/1.0 folder in order to use the codec in the app.  If you delete this folder and codec files in it, you would see this dialog next time you import or export Dolby files again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Dolby file is imported or exported first time, AME installs the codec into /Users/Shared/AdobeinstalledCodecs/1.0 folder in order to use the codec in the app.  If you delete this folder and codec files in it, you would see this dialog next time you import or export Dolby files again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the codec files located in the /Users/Shared/ directory.  Our lab is set up to wipe the User folder upon logout, so these files get erased each time.  Is there a permanent location these files can be stored?  Why did the latest update create this issue?  I had a user today importing AVCHD files who had to click through 4 warning boxes for each individual clip! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amended the log-out script to not erase .../Shared/AdobeintsalledCodecs/...  Thank you, MMeguro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it mean that the codec should work after that? Because I don't get the message anymore but there is still no sound when I encode from a mts files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, in the Export Settings dialog of your source file imported in Media Encoder, please see under the source summary section.

Please make sure it doesn't say "No Audio" which indicates the audio from your file was not imported properly.

If the imported audio has no problem, could you check the "Multiplexer" setting?  For H.246 Blu-ray and MPEG2 Blu-ray formats, this option is set to "None" by default.  If this is the case, video and audio portions are exported into separate files, e.g. the video file doesn't contains the audio portion.  Please make sure this setting is set to something other than "None".  The video portion and the audio portion should be combined together into one file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, it says no audio... It used to work before CC, now it's like every .mts files can't be imported proprely in AME.

They work in Adobe premiere but not AME...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using AME CC 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm using all of the CC2017 product, Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm.  Very strange that your MTS file can be imported properly in Premiere Pro, but not in AME.

Could you try one thing?  Under your My Documents folder > Adobe > Adobe Media Encoder, please rename the "11.0" folder into "11.0_old".  Then, could you run AME and see if the problem is still happening or fixed?  If this fixes the problem, I want to take a look inside the "11.0_old" folder to further investigate the root cause of this problem.  So, could you keep the folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no audio, very strange indead.

I also have the AME CS6 installed because of Adobe Encore and it does the same but it used to work when I had it as a standalone. Nothing works since CC, it's really weird...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to clean cache files manually.  From Media Encoder's preferences > Media, pease take a note of the locations of "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache Database" indicated there.  Once you quit all Adobe applications, please go to this location and delete folders called "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache".  Does it help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I still have no audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the same "Media" preference location, could you also delete the "Peak Files" folder and the "Team Projects Cache" folders as well as other folders I mentioned earlier?  Also, under the same location where you have the .MTS file, if you see .cfa file and .pek files in the same name as the .MTS file, please delete them as well.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please try moving your .mts file into some other location in your drive and rename the file.  Then, could you try again?

If any of them doesn't helps, I may need to ask you to post your .mts file (when needed, I will provide you where to post it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!! Thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried all of your "solutions" but i still have no sound in premiere.

what can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoK Inc.

Which version of Premiere Pro are you using?

Does your file contain Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its AVCHD Video from a Sony alpha 6000.

I use the latest Version of Premiere CC. The last update from last week.

Its this problem:

Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby

And i have windows 7.

Abobe said, that i have to upgrade my windows.

Thanks for your answer man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble!

If you're unable to upgrade your operating system, then please check this thread and see if any of the solutions suggested there work for you instead:

Dolby Codec Missing in CC 2018, MTS/AC3 No Audio

(read through all ideas given on both pages of the thread)

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the same problem on adobe cc 2017, i have windos 10 professional edition installed previosly, when i upgraded windows, adobe premiere let of work normally. plz help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines