• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropped 'green' frames from AME but not from AE CC 2019?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder if anyone or Adobe knows the answer to this.

I've captured various screen footage using iShowU Instant... regardless of me trying to conform to 30fps it creates its own adaptive frame rates (28.77 for example).

QT has no problem playing this captured footage smoothly. And when imported into AE and used on the timeline (in a project conformed to 30fps) equally I will not see any dropped frames

However if i try to render to MP4 or ProRes via AME i get brief green dropped frames, presumably its struggling to deal with non uniform frame rates

However I can render directly from AE to both ProRes and Animation compressed via the RenderQueue (at 30fps) and will experience no issues with dropped frames?

In fact I ended up rendering to animation compressed from RenderQueue and then using AME to re-encode to MP4 and have no dropped frames.

Therefore can AME only handle source footage in AE that conforms to a uniform standard frame rate?

Cheers

ps i'm using a Mac and CC2019 etc..

Title was edited by: Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gravois,

That does not sound ideal. I understand you are getting an issue with the dropped frames when you export the file using Adobe Media Encoder and it works fine when you export it using After Effects. Am I correct?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines