• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link Issues Mac Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me and my team have MacBook Pro's 16inch 2020 models with 64GB Ram and 5600m's with 8GB HBM2 Mem.

We all have the identical issues that have been present for the past few months and we are at the end of our wit.

Exporting renders form AE to AME when first opened places the project in the rendering list on AME but pressing play and it stalls, not preview down the bottom, nothing.

Trying subsiquent times nothing gets added to the queue.

Force closing both apps (have had to force close apps for the past few months even on clean OS installs, applications always not responding if you just choose quit).

Importing the AE file and comp manually into AME does not work, connecting to dynamic link for a long time then times out with an error unable to locate source ( or something to that effect ).

Once in the rare case they get added to the AME list clicking the preset to change it also has a long dynamic link loading bar that does nothing and times out with unable to locate source. 

What can we do, are adobe aware of this?

The new beta versions of the app also do not work.

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error after the dynamic link finally gives up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further investigation has found that the localhost dynamic link server is being blocked by Box Drive, turning it off allows it to connect fine, issue is all projects are on box drive. Is it possible to change the port that Dynamic Link uses so that it does not conflict?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good troubleshooting work!  As far as Dynamic Link being blocked, that's probably a question for Box Drive support.  We're close to being there with working with the local version of cloud storage, but not yet.

As a workaround, you could render a ProRes file from AE via the After Effects Render Queue and then drop that into Adobe Media Encoder for creating your delivery file.  If this is for social media, I'd go with Apple ProRes422 LT to save a little on the drive space.  This should work fine from Box Drive, but you'll want to test it.  Once the AME encode is finished and the exports have been checked, the ProRes422 LT files can be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Warren,

Thats great advice and simlar to what we have been doing thus far. We have asked box drive to look into the matter as well. 

When you say you are close to working with the local version of cloud storage do you mean specifically box drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Warren,

I have the same issue and it's driving me crazy 😉 It started about 2 months ago, eveyrthing was working fine before.

Media encoder gets stuck when rendering and gives a lot of error messages.
Now I can't even configure it, get the error attached.Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 09.37.50.png

I tried everything, and nothing helps. I even re installed my mac from scratch hopoing it would solve the issue, no luck.

I understand the work around, but we go through a large amount of files daily and using the work around is painful.

On top of that, even if I drag in ProRes files to ME, it now always fails to rneder the first file.

We use drop box for some of our projects, but the larger video project are on hard drives and the issue is still there, so it's not related to drop box, plus it was working fne before on drop box anyway.

Are you guys aware of these problems? Is this Big Sur related? Any update on a fix? Was really hoping the new version would address this.

Many thanks,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried working from a location that's not a cloud-sync location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I explained above, it doesn't make any difference if they files are on a cloud location or a hard drive, I get the same error all the time. Plus before this issue started it was working fine from a cloud location anyway, so it's unrelated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam:

Just to be clear, I'm a volunteer.  I'd appreciate it if you could keep the snark to a minimum while conversing with me.  Perhaps we could converse like we're good friends talking over lunch?

What file formats are you working with?  What are the video settings and what are the audio settings?

Which version of Big Sur are you working with?

Which version of Adobe Media Encoder are you working with?

For example, while running Big Sur version 11.2.3, I currently have no difficutly working between Media Encoder version 15.0, After Effects 18.0.0, Premiere Pro 15.0.0, and Photoshop 22.3.0 while working QuickTime movie files uisng Apple ProRes video and Linear PCM audio.  The most recent issue I've run into is when an Avid editor provides me with a Legacy QuickTime file that uses mixed Avid CODECs.  This is something that would have been supported prior when Apple deprecated QuickTime as a system driver for time-based media back in 2013.  When the file is replaced with one that uses the same Avid CODEC from start to finish or is exported as an MP4 (both take longer on the Avid side), the issue goes away.

You've mentioned some of your toubleshooting steps.  Have you tried a different user account?   Have you tried a clean install of macOS and Adobe?  (You may already be aware that it's pretty easy as a Mac user to use a USB3 SSD drive to create an external boot drive with a clean install of macOS and base software for troubleshooting more severe issues.)

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warren,

First of all I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, it was not my intention.

The only reason why I kept refering to my original post is because I treid to give as much infromation as possible, and it felt like you may have missed some parts of it.

I have compltetely disabled all cloud services, I have recently installed my mac from scratch (2 weeks ago), I haven't even installed our internal security softwarses that are required by IT to make sure it's not that. 

Since the issue has started I've been through several versions of Big Sur and Adobe CC.

I was really hoping the new release would address the issue, which is why I'm wondering if the engineers are aware of it.

I'm on a new Mac Pro with a lot of power, latest Big Sur and lates Adobe CC. But it's not just me, my whole team are affected.

I understand that you are a volunteer and do appreciate your help, but I think at this point I need to spesk to an engineer who can acces my computer remotely and check my full configuration. Our setup has not changed in the past year (apart from OS and Adobe CC upgrades), and everything was working fine even on the cloud services 2 months ago.

I tried everything on my end and nothing works. I have a strong feeling that this is to do with Big Sur.

I'm not sure how frequently the Adobe team read these forums, but if you have any connecton to their dev team, I would really appreciate it if you could ask them to get in touch with me.

Many thanks,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I run my Adobe apps in macOS Big Sur?

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Adobe Support

Call us
800-833-6687
Monday–Friday, 24 hours a day

Adobe video & audio apps feedback pages

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Warren, they don't seem to be aware of my issue, so will reach out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rolling a machine back to your OS/CC of two months ago with a clean install of each?  An extenral USB-C drive should work well for testing a clean installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't and honestly I'm so buys I don't know when I'm going to have time to do clean installs again 😉 Having said that it was definitely working before I updated to Big Sur. Basically I had the older version of CC, updated to Big Sur, and form memory that's when the issue started. Since then there was one small CC update that didn't help, and now we had the big updates, which are awesome, but unfortunately still didn't solve the issue on my end.

I do use a fair amount of plugins, and am just wondering if one of those are killing it, but then again even if I try to render staright from Premier through ME only video footage without any plugins, it doesn't work. It's really weird, but hope the engineers can figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you place a "¬" character (option L) at the start of an After Effects plug-in's filename, After Effects will not load it.

That can be helpful in troubleshooting plug-ins, especially 3rd party ones.

You can also move outside of the After Effects folder or the MediaCore folder to prevent them from loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been alos getting this lately, I'm just trying to quit a project and they both freeze and have to force quit them. It happens 9 out 10 times.

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 10.07.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered for myself that completely disabling box drive entirely fixes dynamic link issues including the crash on exit issue you describe for AE ME AU and PR. Obviously this is not ideal because with box disabled the files are inaccessible but it seams that Adobe and box are fighting each other for bandwidth over local host. Box are investigating this for me now as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Dropbox and I tried completely shutting it down, unfortunately it doesn't help in my case. It's really weird that we both have the same issue (not just me, my whole team) but the source of the problem seems to be different. I thought it was the new security measures Apple put in place and not allowing apps to acces all folders by default, but I changed that too and all apps have full rights to acces all my folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried force closing background process relating to drop box as well? There are a few sneaky ones to look for. I think it's either a CC issue or a Big Sur issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have yes, it's definitely CC and Big Sur realted on my end, and it's really really annoying 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered that part of the reason is that After Effects is attempting to scan the entirety of our BOX drive. It is a streamed cloud file storage which we set our AE projects to available offline much like one drive. 

In doing so it is using up the ports on 'macfs' scanning these directorys and when you are attempting to access the project in Media Encoder via dynamic link, these ports are blocked and it spends around 3 minutes trying to load metadata and find the project ending either in a failed to locate file or it eventually kicks in. We have noticed as well that is behaviour is now noticable on windows 10 as well, although sometimes it works fine,

Andy thoughts on this, is this normal behaviour for after effects (or the aerenderengine specifically) and can it be changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this exact issue.  With Box Drive open nothing quits properly but if I quit Box Drive and then do it, Premiere and AE close immediately.  I was wondering if anybody found a useable solution to this issue yet.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My issue turned out to be Big sur related. Adobe fixed all the issue and the new versions of the apps work perfectly. Try to update to the latest versions and test. Hopefully it will resolve it for you too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines